What's new

INFO! Darkroom Photo Guidelines - Please read

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Please ensure that any photographs posted at B&B meet the "family friendly" atmosphere we strive to maintain here.
Risqué or provocative photos don't belong here.

In keeping with the spirit of B&B to avoid commercial enterprise in our forum, do not watermark your photos or discuss or talk about your business when posting photographs.
Any watermarked photographs or comments about a commercial enterprise will be removed when found. Continued commercial activity will result in inability to post in the forum.

Yes, there are some who would argue that watermarks prevent photo theft and that is why they do it.
If you’re worried that your image may be used in an unauthorized fashion, adding your contact or copyright details to the image file’s metadata will go a long way towards solving this problem.
Metadata can of course be edited or removed, but so can a watermark.
It would be great if something as simple as a watermark could protect you from piracy, but unfortunately this isn’t the case.
There are apps that can remove watermarks in just a few clicks.
If your watermark is toward the edge of the photo, it is even easier to remove it, a thief can simply crop the watermark or logo out of the image.

Ultimately, if you don’t want someone to steal your digital image, the best way to prevent that is to not put it on the Web.

Placing your name or B&B user name on the photo is fine as long as it isn't connected in any way to a commercial business or enterprise.

Last edited:
just to be clear, not to be contradictive, and to make sure I don't break rules.

If my photo has my name and a year on it that is okay, but if it has my business name that is not okay. I have in the past put my name on images, but not "Dave's Photography".

Thank you for the clarification.
Dave

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
just to be clear, not to be contradictive, and to make sure I don't break rules.

If my photo has my name and a year on it that is okay, but if it has my business name that is not okay. I have in the past put my name on images, but not "Dave's Photography".

Thank you for the clarification.
Dave
Yes sir. Exactly correct. If You want to put "Dave" on your photo, or D.Gray on your photo - no problem at all.
One could not put "Dave's Professional Photography LTD", "Dave's Photography", or "D.Gray Photo Studio" or any such business name.

The exception being if your user name is RabbitPics and you have a business named "Rabbit Pics" then that's out because it's a business. (and you would be asked to change your user name as well).

Yes sir. Exactly correct. If You want to put "Dave" on your photo, or D.Gray on your photo - no problem at all.
One could not put "Dave's Professional Photography LTD", "Dave's Photography", or "D.Gray Photo Studio" or any such business name.

The exception being if your user name is RabbitPics and you have a business named "Rabbit Pics" then that's out because it's a business. (and you would be asked to change your user name as well).
Thank you.

I only put my name if I put a watermark as I hold the copyright to the image as the photographer, and I may not always have a business.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my brother.

Top Bottom