What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Super Badger, eh? Is it the Blonde knots under a different label, or is this something different entirely?

I suspect it's pretty much the same as Blonde Badger (whatever that means), but suggested we use Super Badger as a more generic designation that isn't, at least in my mind, identified with a particular brand, although I won't be surprised if someone contests that.

So far I've only had a chance to see first-hand and use the ebonite-handled brushes that came back a couple weeks ago. The hair in them seems very much like what Lee used for the Group Buy Chiefs, although I'd say the knots in the ebonite handles are a slightly more dense. I can't yet whether that will hold for the first-batch brushes.

So it's just me those photobucket images are not working for?
:(

Still not working for you?

Last edited:
I suspect it's pretty much the same as Blonde Badger (whatever that means), but suggested we use Super Badger as a more generic designation that isn't, at least in my mind, identified with a particular brand, although I won't be surprised if someone contests that.

So far I've only had a chance to see first-hand and use the ebonite-handled brushes that came back a couple weeks ago. The hair in them seems very much like what Lee used for the Group Buy Chiefs, although I'd say the knots in the ebonite handles are a slightly more dense. I'm can't yet whether that will hold for the first-batch brushes.

Ok thank you for the clarification Ken, I had a feeling that might be the case.

Thank you for the update Ken, looking good. Any chance that we will see different style knots or will they all be the bulb shape for the first run?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Thank you for the update Ken, looking good. Any chance that we will see different style knots or will they all be the bulb shape for the first run?

I expect the first-batch knots will all be more-or-less the same. But we'll do our best to accommodate preferences as we carry forward.

There's always someone contesting everything...

I've just seen the new pictures of the brushes and my jaw dropped when I saw them - they look totally stunning. :smile:

I think i've decided...a black and blue ebonite with a fan leaning hybrid knot...no wait...yes....CRAP TOO BEAUTIFUL TO DECIDE >< .... must collect them all!

Top Bottom