What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

This whole project looks great. From the logo to the handle this is one class operation, and then add in knots by Lee Sabini and you have the Golden Ticket.
Also, for those of you who didn't or couldn't participate in Ken's B&F group buy this is going to be a wonderful experience for you.
Ken,I wish you and your son great success in this new business.

Evan

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Fresh photos from Lee. These are the first completed brushes I've seen. Thought I'd share.

The handles are faux horn. Color is off and resolution isn't the best, but very satisfying to see.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Those look amazing! Everything about them looks gorgeous. You have just made me one happy man, this evening.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Cutting to the chase...

When are they going to be available ??? and what is the pricing????

As stated in previous posts, we've held off finalizing a price for the introductory, first-batch offering until brushes were actually completed. And I've wanted an opportunity to actually see, hold, and try out a finished example first-hand. But this is probably close enough. I've used one of the unlabeled Ebonite brushes over the past several days. Lee is satisfied with the labels, and they look good to me based on the photos. We (Cody and I) still haven't had an opportunity to see any handles that he didn't personally polish; however, Lee is also satisfied in that regard. I wouldn't expect us to disagree with him on that score.

The target price has been $160 for B&B members on the list to purchase first-batch Chiefs or PK-47s turned from alternative ivory, alternative horn, or butterscotch marble, as shown in photos posted above in this thread. There are 84 first-batch handles. Forty-two of those are alternative ivory, twenty-one are alternative horn, and twenty-one are butterscotch marble. We bored all sockets in the first batch to 26mm, so knot diameters will be slightly less than that.

The brushes will be available for sale in the US when we have them back here. Given the timing, I doubt we'll be able to ship any until after the holidays (i.e., in January). I suspect Lee may send a few off to customers on his side of The Pond before then. We won't accept payment from anyone in advance of having a brush in hand ready to go out the door.

... The brushes will be available for sale in the US when we have them back here. Given the timing, I doubt we'll be able to ship any until after the holidays (i.e., in January). I suspect Lee may send a few off to customers on his side of The Pond before then. We won't accept payment from anyone in advance of having a brush in hand ready to go out the door.

Thanks for the update Ken.

Looks like I'm on the right side of the Pond for once... This might just turn out to be an interesting Christmas. :001_rolle

They look classy and gorgeous those brushes!:tongue_sm

Bosse, I agree... interesting for sure!!

The name game about the type of hair (it's superbadger now) allows us to foresee a, say endless discussion here on B&B.... Not that we like those long threads about those nuances....

Top Bottom