What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Spectacular handles...I am officially blind now due to that Pink Chief. ..note to self...be careful when zooming glowing colors! I love them...

Keep an eye out. You might see one popping up around here sometime fairly soon.

Remember the credo from the Chief run: The ox is slow but the earth is patient. :thumbup:

:biggrin1:

Just so there is no confusion, this was my idea(see the group buy thread).
Ken, I eagerly await my Dark Holler/Paladin/Chiefbroom.... If there is a waiting list, please add my name, twice.

Indeed, you planted the seed. Really didn't give the idea any serious thought at the time, but it stuck.

The new venture is such a radical departure from your previous one.

A recitation of the sequence of events that led to this would probably sound like a Direct TV commercial.

If you stumble into an Art of Shaving store in San Francisco and decide to try a tub of shaving cream, you might....

There may have to be a jade pk-47 in my future.

We can do that! Some faux jade rod was just delivered. We'll be cutting into it for our second Dark Holler Small Batch of shaving brush handles very soon.

Here are a couple shots of the first batch of Chief IIs and PK-47s.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Keep an eye out. You might see one popping up around here sometime fairly soon.

:biggrin1:

Indeed, you planted the seed. Really didn't give the idea any serious thought at the time, but it stuck.

A recitation of the sequence of events that led to this would probably sound like a Dish TV commercial.

If you stumble into an Art of Shaving store in San Francisco and decide to try a tub of shaving cream, you might....

We can do that. Some of faux jade rod was just delivered. We'll be cutting into it for our second Dark Holler Small Batch of shaving brush handles very soon.

Here are a couple of shots from the first batch of Chief IIs and PK-47s.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Wowsers....cannot wait for those bad boys to be available.... The jade will look incredible I'm sure.

Oh and if you need a tester I have 3-6 months off work to put the brushes to the test [emoji12] [emoji106]

Those look so nice! I love the Faux Horn and the Faux ivory...my dad had a fur business and got some prebann ivory scrimshaw...those right at the front on the Chief II tray looked just like it, with their figuring. They are beautiful!

Beautiful handles Ken....absolutely Beautiful.

Like everyone, I can't wait to see them completed but this was a nice update to see them all lined up awaiting knots.

Thanks for the update.

Beautiful handles, simply amazing to look at. I can't wait to be on that 'line' that forms to get them into my den.

Marvelous work Ken. truly a labor of love being shown here. Thanks for sharing and really getting the excitement up.

There's been vague mention of a group buy, but I can't find the thread for the life of me.
You are mistaken. Any group buy talk was light hearted and not serious, and no group buy exists.

It was addressed earlier in the thread by Ken and the original poster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom