What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
If you haven't found a tag line yet, I thought of "Where tradition meets the cutting edge." Nice to see a fellow Kansan making such great products here at home - I grew up around 119th and Mission Rd, but am now out West.

We lived between Mission and State Line Rd. just north of 123rd when both of our kids were born.

You might already have caught it somewhere else, but we used just "tradition on the cutting edge" as early as last September or October.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I guess I pulled a George Harrison - didn't remember reading it. My apologies.

No worries. I didn't doubt that you'd arrived at your version on you own. I just wanted to clarify that we hadn't taken ours from you.

We've also considered "They're not cheeseburgers."

I'm very late to this thread (I thought good 2-band brushes went the way of the dodo), but I can't wait to order a chief in either that burl wood, butterscotch marble, or the wicked ebony. Can't decide!

If you haven't found a tag line yet, I thought of "Where tradition meets the cutting edge." Nice to see a fellow Kansan making such great products here at home - I grew up around 119th and Mission Rd, but am now out West.

Like you I grew up in Johnson County! Around 79th and Mission Road. And yes, Ken's brushes are worth the wait. I went with a butterscotch marble Paladin. Could not be happier.

I have been using "intensively" (alternate days) my ebonite Paladin Falstaff for the past two weeks and it's getting nicer and nicer. Even nicer, I mean.

A good backbone, this mighty beauty it's being tamed and its tips are getting softer and softer. My MWF puck is definitely getting all the love it deserves with such a gem!

Every morning I use it I rejoice when I see and hold it!

And all this cheesy poetry to ask... how are we doing, Ken?:lol:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, looking for anything new. Have anything?

Sorry, we're not taking new orders until we get a website up. Haven't since early July with only a few exceptions based on special circumstances. I sincerely appreciate the interest and apologize for the wait.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
For anyone who might be interested, heads-up for the upcoming 2015 Sue Moore Charity Auction, which barring the unforeseen will include the following:

- One NOS, 2013 M&F Group Buy Chief shaving brush

- One first-batch, 26 mm, Blonde Badger (labeled as Super Badger), Butterscotch Marble, Paladin PK-47 shaving brush

- One second-batch 28 mm, M&F Finest, Purple Haze, Paladin Falstaff shaving brush

- One 26 mm, M&F Finest, Blue Denim (Ebonite), Paladin PK-47

- One 26 mm, Dark Holler Butterscotch, Paladin Falstaff handle-only with a MO' BETTAH BADGER label (note we've never offered Paladin handles for sale without knots and still don't plan to)

Still working on the website. Expect to get an update sent around sometime this week. (Yeah, I know, you've heard that before.) Then catch up individual emails, which have been languishing. Sorry. Thanks for the patience.

Below are some random photos just to break the monotony.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48987

It's a very worthy cause in memory of an obviously great lady, whom I wish I'd had an opportunity to know. She successfully did what we're trying to do.

Bravo Ken. Mo' Bettah can only be wielded by the most generous of men.

Top Bottom