What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

proxy.php

Butterscotch marble - I have never seen anything like it.

The PK-47 version will make a nice addition to any rotation beside its older brother - the Chief.

I have a birthday coming up. Now I need to convince the wife how nice this would be in the rotation... :whistling:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Here's a quick update.

Dark Holler Design Works, LLC has issued its first three PayPal invoices. They went to B&B members in England, Spain, and Sweden. Lee will ship those orders directly to the buyers for obvious reasons.

I expect the rest of the first-batch brushes to arrive back in KC by mid-January, hopefully sooner. Between now and the end of the year, I intend to follow-up by email with everyone who asked to be on the first-batch list.

If you asked to be on the list and haven't received an email from me by the first of the year, please let me know. Best is to send emails to me at chiefbroom at darkholler dot com. It's harder for me to track PMs, and it works best for me to keep personal email separate from Dark Holler email.

What I'll need to know is 1) whether you still want to purchase a first-batch brush at the price of $160 plus our shipping costs, which will include tracking and insurance, and 2) your preferences in relation to design (i.e., Chief or PK-47) and material (i.e., alternative ivory, alternative horn, or butterscotch marble).

There is absolutely, positively no arm-twist in any of this. If anyone decides to stand-out for any reason, or none at all, no worries now or ever.

When we have the brushes in hand, I'll post front and back photos of an example of each combination of style and material, along with approximate specifications. All sockets in the first-batch were bored to 26mm, and I expect lofts to measure approximately 50mm, although some variance should be expected.

If, after seeing those photos, you change your mind, no problem. Absent compelling circumstances, we won't issue any invoices for orders to be fulfilled from KC until after photos as described have been posted here, possibly in another thread, as we're about to move beyond previewing.

Thanks again to all for the support and patience.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
This is to preempt rumors that otherwise might start to fly if/when a black ebonite-handled brush shows up in someone else's hands sometime soon.

As the first B&B member to send an email addressed to the darkholler domain (on 9/16), Crag was the sole prize-winner in the top-secret "Be The First Sender Of An Email To The Darkholler Domain Contest".

We decided to let him try out an ebonite PK-47 handle before telling him about the contest or the fact he'd won it. As soon as he returned the handle, we sent it off to Lee, who installed one of his knots, a very nice one in fact.

There are currently four Dark Holler, black ebonite-handled shaving brushes in existence, all of them unlabeled PK-47s. My son and I each have one, Lee has one, and Crag's is scheduled for delivery by FedEx on the day before Christmas.

The rest of us are waiting to use ours until we find out whether Crag's brush melts when he exposes it to water.

Last edited:
This is to preempt rumors that otherwise might start to fly if/when a black ebonite-handled brush shows up in someone else's hands sometime soon.

As the first B&B member to send an email addressed to the darkholler domain (on 9/16), Crag was the sole prize-winner in the top-secret "Be The First Sender Of An Email To The Darkholler Domain Contest".

We decided to let him try out an ebonite PK-47 handle before telling him about the contest or the fact he'd won it. As soon as he returned the handle, we sent it off to Lee, who installed one of his knots, a very nice one in fact.

There are currently four Dark Holler, black ebonite-handled shaving brushes in existence, all of them unlabeled PK-47s. My son and I each have one, Lee has one, and Crag's is scheduled for delivery by FedEx on the day before Christmas.

The rest of us are waiting to use ours until we find out if Crag's brush melts when he exposes it to water.

That's awesome, but you keep spelling my name wrong. It's Craig. :lol:

(For those of you not familiar with my really dumb sense of humor, I'm totally kidding. I'm Craig, not the lucky Crag, who gets a chance to use one of these beautiful and unique brushes. )

Last edited:
Incidentally, if anyone can figure out a way to make ebonite melt with moisture, I have many friends who play clarinet and saxophone, and I think that would be an outstanding April Fools' prank!

This is to preempt rumors that otherwise might start to fly if/when a black ebonite-handled brush shows up in someone else's hands sometime soon... The rest of us are waiting to use ours until we find out whether Crag's brush melts when he exposes it to water.

Ahhh... there is another list to join. Good, I was trying to adapt to the thought of the PK-47 as being the end station of all brush acquisitions. :001_smile

That's awesome, but you keep spelling my name wrong. It's Craig. :lol:

I actually bought this... I could see this happen! :laugh:

The rest of us are waiting to use ours until we find out whether Crag's brush melts when he exposes it to water.

Waiting is bad.

Fellas, I was just as surprised to find out I won as you all! I can't wait for the brush to come! Thanks Ken and Cody for your hard work and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

I'll post pictures of it even if the knot does melt, which I doubt...and if it get's transplanted I'd like it on my head, since I'm bald as a newborn... :w00t:

Cheers all!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Below is a photo of the first Paladin-labeled shaving brushes delivered to a paying customer (in the UK). Receiving it this morning was a nice Christmas present at Dark Holler.

Thanks to all for the continuing interest, support, and patience.

Best wishes for joyous holidays and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

proxy.php

Top Bottom