What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

Wow, those brushes look great Ken. I hope you have a butterscotch marbel with my name on it?
looks like 2015 is going to be an interesting year for shaving brushes.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I didn't notice it on any shaving equipment, but aren't you a little concerned that someone might confuse your brush with a piece of mobile artillery?

I did run across a Paladin strop that I'd forgot about when replying to Brian. Anyhow, it didn't seem likely to me that anyone would confuse a strop with a shaving brush, or vice versa. But on second thought, I've decided to see if I can strop up a lather. I suspect that might turn out to be a little messy.

Anyone up for trying to sharpen their straight razor with a brush? Lee probably won't be happy if I tell him we're going to have to include cautionary fine-print to the label: Do not attempt to use this brush as a razor strop.

Hero,
A good way to get a chance to feel some ebonite is to go to the nearest Music Supply store and ask if they have any clarinet or saxophone mouthpieces that you can take a look at. These items (if I recall correctly) are still made from ebonite and will have the bonus of being similar in diameter and shape of the Dark Holler Ebonite handles (ie cylindrical). ...

No way! My wife is a professional clarinetist. I can claim I'm buying an ebonite brush in her honor. This is perfect!
FWIW, clarinet mouthpieces are extremely durable. They spend lots of time in a wet environment and still clean up very easily.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
No way! My wife is a professional clarinetist. I can claim I'm buying an ebonite brush in her honor. This is perfect!
FWIW, clarinet mouthpieces are extremely durable. They spend lots of time in a wet environment and still clean up very easily.

It's true.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The completed brushes look nice, but I think I would prefer the "Knight" logo on the brush, but who am I to question le artiste?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, a quick question: will there be any Purple Haze handles available in the first batch?

From what I understand just the horn, ivory, and butterscotch in the first batch

We only used ivory, horn, and butterscotch marble in the first batch. But we'll do our best to work with anyone on the list who has his heart set on another material that we either have on hand or can get. Some (more) patience may be required.

We only used ivory, horn, and butterscotch marble in the first batch. But we'll do our best to work with anyone on the list who has his heart set on another material that we either have on hand or can get. Some (more) patience may be required.

I think I'll put in a request for a butterscotch marbel now please.

Top Bottom