What's new

Dark Fired Kentucky barns are smokin'

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I recently drove through some of the backroads of Western Kentucky and passed several barns filled to the brim with tobacco and they were a' smokin' boyz. It's a beautiful sight to see!

A lot of tobacco is still in the fields and also passed several fields cut and resting before being picked up.

That's encouraging news. I remember tobacco crops in southern Maryland back when I was a wee Rooklet, but it's been ages since I've seen a field of big broad tobacco leaves. Even the barns are starting to disappear around here.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Mike sent me some DFK whole leaf and I deveined it and put it in a jar. Every so often I open it up and take deep whiffs of it. Haven’t decided what to do with it yet. Kinda a waste to use it and the blend disappoints so I might just save it for smelling purposes lol.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Mike is very near some pretty decent sized tobacco fields. I was over in his neck of the woods a few weeks ago and saw several good sized fields sprouting some fat leaves.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I recently drove through some of the backroads of Western Kentucky and passed several barns filled to the brim with tobacco and they were a' smokin' boyz. It's a beautiful sight to see!

A lot of tobacco is still in the fields and also passed several fields cut and resting before being picked up.
When I was a kid in the mountains of SW VA, farmers grew tobacco on their modest allotments as their cash crop. After harvest and sale, they would come to town with wads of cash and pay off the accounts they had accumulated during the year. I wonder if tobacco is still a part of the economy there.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Tobacco was cut yesterday
Here is sits cut and spiked. They loaded it into trailers today.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom