What's new

Danny's (New & Growing) Shaving Den

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The longer I look at this new cabinet, the more I believe that the best part about it is the drawer: it allows me to "hide" some of the things I don't want my wife to see (i.e., more razors, more brushes). :wink:

Cheers,

dszpiro said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The longer I look at this new cabinet, the more I believe that the best part about it is the drawer: it allows me to "hide" some of the things I don't want my wife to see (i.e., more razors, more brushes). :wink:

Cheers,

You should have bought a cabinet with an infinite deep drawer then:biggrin: :biggrin:

Peter

BTW: very nice setup and cabinet; carry on Danny, and soon you will need another cabinet....:biggrin:

Man, that cabinet is nice!

I wish I could get away with mounting one of those in my bathroom (stinking landlords and their dislike for having more things mounted to the walls then when I moved in :p )

Thanks! I am really enjoying seeing all of my stuff on display in one place. :smile:

They say it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission: Maybe you should just install the cabinet and wait for your landlord to say something. You can always offer to leave the cabinet behind when you move. I think what really bugs landlords is having to fill holes in the wall. Good luck!

Cheers,

Nice stash, and nice cabinet! I've been looking for something similar to that, maybe I'll head over to Target as well...

Hi Tom,

Thanks! The cabinet has been very handy and holds a great deal of stuff. I have taken to storing a few over-sized items (e.g., Pinaud Clubman A/S) on top.

It took longer to assemble the cabinet than hang it. The cabinet comes in many pieces, but the instructions and packaging are well done and easy to follow. Just FYI: It is easier to hang the cabinet with a second pair of hands, so try to line up someone's help near the end.

Cheers,

I was thinking the same thing! :wink:

The only thing stopping me from screwing more cabinets up on the wall is th incredibly hard time I would get from my wife. I think that I am going to have to treat the cabinet space in the same way as an art museum manages its wall space: keep much of the collection in storage, and rotate the items on display.

Of course, there are other bathrooms in the house....:biggrin:

Cheers,

Danny,

Sweet setup. I'm going to have to see if there's room for a cabnet in our bathroom.

Where did you get the silver bowl that's next to the Palmolive in the first pic in this thread?

Hi Birch,

Thanks! That silver bowl, along with the large black rice bowl with the thumb notch and at least two other bowls I have purchased and used for lather all come from Target. I keep reading all over B&B how people pick-up lather bowl at Target!

All four of these bowls have come from the same general area of housewares at Target.

Cheers,

I was looking at this eBay auction as a possible decoration to put on top of the cabinet, but I just couldn't get my wife to agree. I figured: what better homage to a collection of shaving brushes and associated supplies than the source itself? :wink:

Cheers,

Top Bottom