What's new

Danny DeVito Aqua velva ice blue!!

I just purchased this New Old stock Aqua velva ice blue aftershave lotion.

Same bottle and packaging from Twins (1988) movie scene.!!

s-l400.jpg

That bottle was immediately familiar as my dad used AV Blue exclusively when I was growing up. In the 35 years I’ve been alive and have a memory, he’s never had a single bottle of anything BUT AV blue. It might be some kind of record.
And I can't blame him, Aqua velva ice blue it's a real classic and timeless aftershave.! I just wish they go back to the vintage glass bottles.

Actually I really like the original AV Blue. Crisp wake up smell. And original Old Spice. Smells great and lasts too.
That's about all my dad would wear.
I'd do the same with the Veg - right into the trash.
I like the Veg. And honestly, quite a few women enjoy the scent and the faint lilac smell!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I like the Veg. And honestly, quite a few women enjoy the scent and the faint lilac smell!

I would have liked the Veg, but he didn't like me. It's a polarizing scent. I think the break down is like this
45% Love it
45% Hate it
10% Have no strong feelings one way or the other (probably due to never having smelled it or tried it)

I would have liked the Veg, but he didn't like me. It's a polarizing scent. I think the break down is like this
45% Love it
45% Hate it
10% Have no strong feelings one way or the other (probably due to never having smelled it or tried it)
I’m the 10% it’s not offensive or good it’s Vaseline smelling it’s not masculine/feminine/metro/gay.
I heard a guy say it smells like play-doh and I can see that.

Is the aqua velva that is available today a different scent?
The answer is YES, vintage aqua velva from the 50's, 60's and 70's was a more refined scent yet masculine. A way better scent.!! Lighter in color and with a real retro thick glass bottle and a sturdy bakelite cap. :thumbup:

Top Bottom