What's new

Danner owners (boot care)

After much debate I went for a pair of Danner Light II s in dark brown. I wanted to get something that was waterproof since I didnt have anything at the moment that was. I wore a pair in the corps year around so I figure it will be just fine.

What pair do you own and what are your thoughts?

I also was wondering how to take care of them. Before I only used boot polish in the corps. Should I buy any of the boot dressing or anything else to soften the leather?

After much debate I went for a pair of Danner Light II s in dark brown. I wanted to get something that was waterproof since I didnt have anything at the moment that was. I wore a pair in the corps year around so I figure it will be just fine.

I also was wondering how to take care of them. Before I only used boot polish in the corps. Should I buy any of the boot dressing or anything else to soften the leather?

Believe it or not, but I own 13 pair of American Made Danner boots. Several pair of Acadia, 1 pair Acadia Elite, 1 pair Ft Lewis, 2 pair Patrol, 1 pair Recon, 1 pair Grouse Hunters, 1 pair Hood Winter Light, 1 pair Flashpoint Wildland firefighting boots, and 1 pair Quarry 6 inch. I have always used Danner boot dressing, I think if you use any other products it will void their warranty.

I have worn Danner's since I was hired in the FD back in 99. I have bought a pair every year since. I like the lace to toe design, it makes a nice snug fit in the toe box, especially when you are on your feet all day long. I think as long as you buy a pair that are USA made, you will not regret it.

I have a pair of Ft. Lewis boots - I am guessing they are probably 10 years old now - they don't get as much wear as they once did, but a little leather cleaner and polish is all I have ever used on them. Here they are from the other day when we had our first little dusting of snow for the year.
$photo-5.jpg

Semper fi, Marine!

Can't help you on the boots, though.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I wanted to get something that was waterproof.

You can give them the occasional cleaning with saddle soap, and then restore them with something like Obenauf's LP. After that, they should be good to go, although you may want to finish them off with a waterproofer for really good "proofiness".

I bought the Danner Boot Dressing in brown. I may also get the waterproofing stuff also. So far the boot dressing is nice. Seems to cover and scuffs and softens the leather well. I would recommend it so far but time will tell

Top Bottom