What's new

Dang ugly holiday cookies - loosen the belt

Once a year the missus bakes cookies. She started today. First couple batches were kinda ugly, spread too much, etc. Unfortunately, someone has to eat the mistakes. I am gaining weight by the minute.

Once a year the missus bakes cookies. She started today. First couple batches were kinda ugly, spread too much, etc. Unfortunately, someone has to eat the mistakes. I am gaining weight by the minute.

Throw them in A ziplock and mail them to some poor sucker, want my address [emoji102]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My sister's peanut brittle...

Honey, are you sure this scale doesn't need a new battery??

My wife is making holiday cookies using almond and coconut flour, along with sugar substitutes. They taste fantastic and I don't have to worry about gaining weight.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Here you go, i left these in for 17 mins , they are larger.
Turned one over to see the bottom and edges are toasted.
When cooled ill put in a gallon zip lock and will stay until finished. I can also reuse the parchment if in good shape.
Parchment paper is a must, grab some at the dollar store.
proxy.php

proxy.php

A14. Oz bag is 5 cups , is what i used, bag sizes are changing now so 14-16 oz should be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife made her pan of shortbread tonight, i've been brandy spritzing almost daily the fruitcake i baked the end of November. We're now ready for Christmas Eve.

IMG_E2608_B&Bsize600.jpg

IMG_E2603_B&Bsize600.jpg

///////////////////////.dave

That shortbread looks fantastic. Care to share the recipe?

Sure! From 'The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook', couldn't be simpler... my wife figures she's been making this recipe since some time in the 80's.

2cups all purpose flour
1cup butter, (used unsalted)
1/2c confectioners sugar (used regular white granular)
1/4tsp salt (added a bit extra, see butter)
1/4tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp sugar for topping, (used turbinado)

Oven 350F.

1. In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat first six ingredients until well mixed.

2. Pat dough into 9" round cake pan and with fork ***** well.

3. Sprinkle sugar over dough and bake 30-35 minutes.

4. Cut into wedges while warm. Cool on wire rack; separate cookies.

5. Eat & enjoy!

dave

And hating every minute of it I'll bet! :D

If I complained every time my pants got tight because I'm overindulging I'd always be complaining! Wait a minute - I do complain all the time. Guess I need to stop at Dunkin Donuts and start eating to catch up!

Top Bottom