What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I glanced at this and I thought how sweet the guy's at BOSC are to give me an honorary title. :001_wub: :blush: I then reread it carefully, and I realized you were actually nominating me to be the one to contact Fatip about creating a Fatip Slant. :huh:

:a50: I thought long and hard, for about three seconds, and I'll do it! :a50:

Okay, BOSCers, what we would desire would be the standard eleven pronged Fatip OC base plate, the 19 mm cap, with a twist on a basic Grande handle for starters. Right? :w00t: I'll start composing a compelling e-mail and send it to them sharing with you. Then await their response!~:thumbup:

Alright, Rave.

BOSC AMBASSADOR TO FATIP.jpg

It's official now. You're the man.

Happy Shaves,

Jim
Logic Professor at BOSC

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Here is the e-mail I drafted and sent to Fatip:

To Whom it May Concern,

I'm writing on behalf of myself and friends of mine on Badger and Blade an internet shaving forum. We all belong to Clubs and Brotherhoods within B&B specifically BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies) and PLC (Piccolo Lovers Club). Fatip razors have found a lot of respect and love on our shaving forum. I myself have six different Fatips and a Fatip Pure Badger Brush. The guys were talking about how absolutely wonderful it would be to have a Fatip Slant in the typical Open Comb Grande style. I was nominated to contact Fatip in this regard. As you do further development please consider creating a Fatip Slant. This is a product many of us would like to see, and purchase, as a welcome addition to all of your other superb products. Thank you kindly for the years of shaving perfection you have provided and continued success to Fatip!

Best Regards
Raven Koenes

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!

To Whom it May Concern,

I'm writing on behalf of myself and friends of mine on Badger and Blade an internet shaving forum. We all belong to Clubs and Brotherhoods within B&B specifically BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies) and PLC (Piccolo Lovers Club. Fatip razors have found a lot of respect and love on our shaving forum. I myself have six different Fatips and a Fatip Pure Badger Brush. The guys were talking about how absolutely wonderful it would be to have a Fatip Slant in the typical Open Comb Grande style. I was nominated to contact Fatip in this regard. As you do further development please consider creating a Fatip Slant. This is a product many of us would like to see, and purchase, as a welcome addition to all of your other superb products. Thank you kindly for the years of shaving perfection you have provided and continued success to Fatip!

Best Regards
Raven Koenes

P.S. It may take awhile for a response, but I will post it as soon as I hear back.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

To Whom it May Concern,

I'm writing on behalf of myself and friends of mine on Badger and Blade an internet shaving forum. We all belong to Clubs and Brotherhoods within B&B specifically BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies) and PLC (Piccolo Lovers Club. Fatip razors have found a lot of respect and love on our shaving forum. I myself have six different Fatips and a Fatip Pure Badger Brush. The guys were talking about how absolutely wonderful it would be to have a Fatip Slant in the typical Open Comb Grande style. I was nominated to contact Fatip in this regard. As you do further development please consider creating a Fatip Slant. This is a product many of us would like to see, and purchase, as a welcome addition to all of your other superb products. Thank you kindly for the years of shaving perfection you have provided and continued success to Fatip!

Best Regards
Raven Koenes

Nice.

Maybe we'll see how they regard our brotherhood and association. Of course, I have no idea what their business plan is, nor their capacity. Actually, I do not know much about what goes into the final stages of razor design, engineering, testing, and manufacturing. I'm sure some of the beta testing is done in the market place.

Happy shaves,

Jim

To Whom it May Concern,

Best Regards
Raven Koenes
Nice one Rave! Thank you

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks guys, I'd definitely love to be a volunteer guinea pig for them.

My wife used to buy, always on sale or even used, a certain brand of expensive clothing for our daughter. The company also makes clothes for men and women. Anyway, my wife would write glowing online reviews for the items she bought because they really were top notch and we all loved how our child looked, etc.

So, one day she was notified by the company that they'd rewarded her with a thousand dollar gift certificate because of her reviews. She shopped very carefully, and made that $1000 go a very long way. Even I got two or three items out of the deal.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Another December to Remember Fixed Four shave went well.

Fixed4Kit+LuckyTiger.JPG

Today's splash was Avon Brisk Spice. A tiny spray of Old Spice Cologne to my chest added to the mix. That Brisk Spice is nice stuff, and available on ebay without getting a second mortgage. It's almost as inexpensive as Pinaud if I look around for a best deal vendor. Even with the cologne added the scent does not persist as well as Special Reserve.

My agenda this morning was to attend to my effort to lighten the pressure of the razor. Obviously, the blade has to make contact with the whiskers near their bottom, but that's all that is required. I'm working to get this very heavy razor into a better gliding mode especially on the first pass. The angle is right, but I'm not convinced my touch is light enough on that first pass.

I did multiple passes as usual.

The only touch up was on my chin and upper lip. My neck received no touch ups.

Run Baby Run.jpg

I knew leaving the shave there were large areas on my neck where whiskers remained, and that I could go after them. Sometimes I do, but today I decided against chasing baby to that degree. So, right after the shave, as I applied Lucky Tiger and then Geo. F. Trumper Skin Food, I assessed the shave as being DFS on my neck.

I knew it might become BBS later, and it did.

However, I seriously doubt this "later" BBS is as close a shave as an "immediately after" BBS.

I believe the "later" BBS is a shave more likely to be comfortable, and comfort is my #1 big deal priority.

Shaving Comfort Branch.jpg

Being super strict in my grading I would not say today's shave was a Damn Comfortable Shave. There is, when I think about it, a tad of heat on my lower neck, and a little spot on the left side of my lower lip, but this is a damn sight better in the comfort department than many of my shaves, and I'll take it.

I will also work to improve the comfort of my shaves.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It will be interesting to see their response. I'd honestly be surprised if they dont know of B&B, but they might not I guess.

I just hope it translates well! lol

This forum is rife as a testing ground. Using a Feather blade for a first shave directly ATG first pass in a Grande? Yep, I'll try any razor, slant or otherwise, they'd let me :).

View attachment 843852

Is this - a directly ATG first pass in a Grande, loaded with a Feather blade - something you are going to try?

View attachment 843853
Suggestion: Buy the Cool Fix first. Alternate suggestion: DIY Tend Skin recipe.

Good luck.

Happy shaves, particularly to you, Mike,

Jim
Got some inbound, I really worked myself over last night, still feeling it today. First time in a long long time. I could blame it on any number of things, or just look in the mirror.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Got some inbound, I really worked myself over last night, still feeling it today. First time in a long long time. I could blame it on any number of things, or just look in the mirror.

I might try a Feather again sometime. I like the shave very much, initially, but then find it was too close, later.

So, same advice.

BOSC Totally Obsessed.jpg

Anybody doing this deserves a very strong and loud wish from me, so I'm yelling.

HAPPY SHAVES,

Jim

Top Bottom