What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Cortisone cream might help.

Also, you might want to check in with your dermatologist.

Hope this gets better soon.

Second the dermatologist, if this continues. Now, without giving medical advice here, do you have curly hair Jim? Apparently there are a few conditions where if that obtains follicles can become inflamed. I seem to fall into that category :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Second the dermatologist, if this continues. Now, without giving medical advice here, do you have curly hair Jim? Apparently there are a few conditions where if that obtains follicles can become inflamed. I seem to fall into that category :)

This morning it looks a lot better.

Guys, this isn't a medical problem. Trust me on that. I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express a couple of times.

1632672957068.png

It's a razor blade problem. As in me having earned my shaving white belt once again.

I overdid something. It's an opportunity for me to learn something and grow from it.

Exactly what I did wrong is beyond me, but I did something wrong. It's my fault. I've got to get a bunch smarter if I'm ever going to earn that purple belt.

For now, I'm shaving around the area until I'm 1000% sure it's 99% perfectly healed. That means tomorrow's shave. Today I can easily get by without shaving.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Saturday. I shaved around my "areas."

View attachment 1334106

Here's a photo of my damaged skin, post shave. I think there's another tiny area which isn't in the photo

They look suspiciously fingerprint sized, Jim. Do you have a habit of resting your hand there when thinking, or sat at the desk? I'm wondering if you've come into contact with something your hands are OK with, that your face isn't. in other words, not shaving related. Hand soap? Hand sanitiser? Oils and greases? Cleaning fluids?

This morning it looks a lot better.

Guys, this isn't a medical problem. Trust me on that. I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express a couple of times.

View attachment 1334792

It's a razor blade problem. As in me having earned my shaving white belt once again.

I overdid something. It's an opportunity for me to learn something and grow from it.

Exactly what I did wrong is beyond me, but I did something wrong. It's my fault. I've got to get a bunch smarter if I'm ever going to earn that purple belt.

For now, I'm shaving around the area until I'm 1000% sure it's 99% perfectly healed. That means tomorrow's shave. Today I can easily get by without shaving.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Fair enough Jim, I'd say it's pretty safe to say I may have been projecting.
Happy shaves!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Trust me on that.

We all trust you, Jim. And that’s why I trust you’ll have your estate distribute the birch handle of your Mühle Rocca, your @Rosseforp GTO handle, and that Timeless ti crown handle to me when your face starts sprouting prehensile tentacles and you find yourself spending 23+ hours/day soaking in brine contemplating a Lovecraftian future.

We all trust you, Jim. And that’s why I trust you’ll have your estate distribute the birch handle of your Mühle Rocca, your @Rosseforp GTO handle, and that Timeless ti crown handle to me when your face starts sprouting prehensile tentacles and you find yourself spending 23+ hours/day soaking in brine contemplating a Lovecraftian future.

This sir is next level hyperbole! ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
They look suspiciously fingerprint sized, Jim. Do you have a habit of resting your hand there when thinking, or sat at the desk? I'm wondering if you've come into contact with something your hands are OK with, that your face isn't. in other words, not shaving related. Hand soap? Hand sanitiser? Oils and greases? Cleaning fluids?

I see where you're coming from, Al, and appreciate your observation.

Can't imagine what the substance would be though + I think it's from a razor blade.

However, I'll pay attention to what I'm doing as who knows for sure?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I see where you're coming from, Al, and appreciate your observation.

Can't imagine what the substance would be though + I think it's from a razor blade.

However, I'll pay attention to what I'm doing as who knows for sure?

Happy shaves,

Jim
Did you use the blade who's name shall not be spoken but starts with the letter V?
giphy.gif

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday I once again managed to avoid the areas needing to be avoided. I'm getting good at it.

9-27-21.Wolfman1.15.Zenith3Band.Vitos.640.JPG

The areas are improving.

My blade was a flipped Polsiver. (I use only Wizamet and Polsilver blades.)

A brand new, just opened Cube was used in the shower to wash my face. The Tube was used as a preshave.

Other than that, no products other than those pictured.

The Wolfman WR2 1.15 did its job rather well.

Happy shaves,

Jim

A question for the brain trust that follows this thread: how does one start winnowing down their shave den? Especially if that person has some more rare razors that they do occasionally enjoy but haven’t fully mastered shaving with her? And who also likes collecting things? Asking for a friend (cough cough) with a large injector collection from E through type O clone only skipping a handful throughout that isn’t using them right now…

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A question for the brain trust that follows this thread: how does one start winnowing down their shave den? Especially if that person has some more rare razors that they do occasionally enjoy but haven’t fully mastered shaving with her? And who also likes collecting things? Asking for a friend (cough cough) with a large injector collection from E through type O clone only skipping a handful throughout that isn’t using them right now…

Hi Joel,

I'm so glad you asked! Being a minimalist, I've thought this stuff through on what works for me. I have display center, two display shelves and a mini chest of drawers. One shelf keeps a test tube rack for six razors. The other keeps 10 brushes. This is enough for a two week rotation, under it I have the very narrow chest of drawers for soaps and one drawer for loose tucks of blades. I keep a bottle of aftershave on top. Basically everything I'm using is contained to one very neat and tidy space. The solution to all the other stuff is called boxes and bins. I put everything in there and delegate it to the back of my closet for easy access to switch out rotations. Things I use very rarely get delegated to a shelve in the basement. The only items you ever see are on the display center. It's very minimal. There is not really a whole lot to look at. This allows me to spring for other items, I just ordered a Simpson Trafalgar T3 last night, if I take an item off of the display shelf to replace it with the new item. The amount always remains the same. I call this my minimal rotation system, as what you see is only the tip of the iceberg. It's out of sight out of mind. The items I'm not using don't exist until the need for them arises, but the amount on display always remains the same. I hope this helps. I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

Sincerely
Rave

Top Bottom