What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the info. I also have the mixed metal CM1, CR1 & CH1, Windsor Pro SS & Aluminum. The CM1 was very mild for me but is good when paired with the Windsor Pro Aluminum, it was more efficient! I shave daily, and use the CH1 on Sundays + one other day a week. I use the CR1, Feather asd2, Rocca , Ikon, Futur on other days (find myself using ATT more than others). I know that what I have is more than enough razors (not to mention shaving brushes). I kind of want to buy one more razor and just stop buying more :) . So thinking of Wolfman WR2 but not sure about the gap yet.

With Wolfman, there are a lot of options. @Hannah's Dad is the "Wolf Whisperer" and was kind enough to point me toward the WR2 1.25 SB as an effective Daily Driver that is still efficient enough to get through my barbed wire beard. :)

With Wolfman, there are a lot of options. @Hannah's Dad is the "Wolf Whisperer" and was kind enough to point me toward the WR2 1.25 SB as an effective Daily Driver that is still efficient enough to get through my barbed wire beard. :)
I filled the form "email orders". I find myself liking a razor with less blade feel, efficient and smooth. I have a thick beard too (maybe not barbed wired :) ) so am considering the 1.15 (assume efficiency would be between CR1 & CH1) since after your feedback the 1.25 is about as similar to ATT CH1, might also consider DC.
Again, thank you for your advice

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I filled the form "email orders". I find myself liking a razor with less blade feel, efficient and smooth. I have a thick beard too (maybe not barbed wired :) ) so am considering the 1.15 (assume efficiency would be between CR1 & CH1) since after your feedback the 1.25 is about as similar to ATT CH1, might also consider DC.
Again, thank you for your advice

Similar in efficiency? Yes.

Blade feel? The CH1 and H1 have more blade feel than the WR2 1.25 SB.

Please note: To me, Efficient + Smooth = Effective.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saturday my shave was good.

[I'd skipped shaving yesterday.]

7-31-21.Shavemac.Wolfman.1.15.Vitos.640.JPG

The 1.15 certainly did a good job considering I'd skipped shaving yesterday, but I noticed more blade feel (not meaning anything negative by that).

Used the Cube 2.0 to face wash and as a preshave. Used the same flipped Wizamet SI.

Have not used any post shave products so far.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Just not feeling very well, Neil.

I do see signs of improvement and think I'm on the mend.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Okay, so I'm being a bit of a mother hen, I'm gonna blame it on being a post middle aged Jewish guy who worries too much ;) Glad you're on the mend.

How many Jewish mothers does it take to change a lightbulb?
"Nu, don't worry about me, I like sitting here in the dark."

My mother wasn't Jewish, but she often sat in the kitchen in the middle of the night with the lights out, smoking a cigarette. Lived to be 97 years old.

When my mother was in her fifties, every so often 'round three AM or so she'd start banging things around in the kitchen. Never could figure out why until I hit the same age and didn't sleep through the night. Man what I'd give to hear that sound again...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It always baffled me. Working in Saskatchewan with my father when I was young and sometimes, out of the blue, he'd come in the door after work and say "pack a bag, we're going home for a few days" and off we'd go. It's a 35 hour drive and I know neither he or I called home to tell anyone we'd be coming. We might roll in at 3am and they'd be my mother, sitting on a chair drying her hair in front of the oven and without even looking up she'd say "I knew you were coming." Always, that single candle burning.

Glad you're able to be out and about!

Finally finished the Ippinka Binchotan soap so tried the Cube 2.0 yesterday and today. Too soon to say for sure of course but I feel like I get better results with the Cube.

Top Bottom