What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
All your posts help. It helps that you're clear and that I have some understanding of what you like and why you like it.

How often do you use the Hydro-Magic to do any touch up work?

It's been a very long time since I used SE razors, but that doesn't mean I don't like 'em. I particularly like the Schick L3 and the Schick E2 open to clean. Perhaps my favorite AC platform razor is the DLC SS Hawk.

Happy shaves,

Jim

If the head is low profile, nimble and maneuverable (Vector, Slim, Tech, B1 Standard), I use that razor and don't need a touchup razor.

If needed, the Schick SE razors are (for me) excellent for touchups in those "nooks and crannies" areas. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thursday I shaved just in time to take my wife to the little open air craft market down the road. They had nothing I wanted other than lemonade but the made while you watch lemonade was first class.

6-10-21.TopSail Beach Kit 95OC.D01.JPG

My shave today was also first class. It was the best shave so far with the Timeless Ti 95 OC.

So far these are my impressions of the razor in its 95 OC configuration.
  1. It's handsome and absolutely top notch in all respects related to appearance.
  2. I can't imagine liking the polished Ti any better, not that I wouldn't like it. This is the color I think Ti should be if that makes sense. It reminds me of my beautiful titanium Bacchetta Aero.
  3. The weight is easy to get used to and seems very much "right."
  4. I've experienced very few weepers (even learning the razor). None since I figured it out a little bit.
  5. It has not bitten me even once. To me, that's a huge plus.
  6. It's been easy to learn, get used to, and use.
  7. It is not boring.
  8. There is very little blade feel at all except when going ATG
  9. My skin feels great during the shave, right after the shave, and until the next shave; the very definition of a Damn Comfortable Shave.
  10. It's one of the mildest razors I've used!
  11. For me to get a really close and long lasting shave I have to do some pretty serious work. Here I'm talking about my jawline, neck, chin, and upper and lower lips.
  12. I can get a really close and long lasting shave because the razor allows me to do enough work to achieve one.
  13. It is efficient enough that I don't have to do too much work.
  14. It's also efficient enough so that a fast shave, doing not much work, would be good enough for most days and times.
  15. In other words, I think it's very versatile.
  16. The more I use it the better I get with it (so far), but it was a treat from the very first shave.
  17. The Timeless Ti 95 OC could be a Daily Driver for me.
I have no other Ti or SS baseplates. My other Timeless razors are the Bronze 78/38, and the Aluminum. I've not used the Aluminum. I have used, and like the Bronze, and will use it a lot more I think to decide just how much. I've used a SS Slim OC and might considering buying a Slim baseplate (probably the SB).

Deciding to bring the Timeless Ti 95 OC to the beach worked out well for me. It'll be interesting to see how differently it shaves back home without beach air and beach water. I hope for zero difference or even better shaves.

topsail-beach-2021.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.theBeach.640.JPG

I believe I'm going to the beach pretty soon, but not until I relax enough to want to.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Only with a Roedter, where it doesnt matter much anyway.

View attachment 1279694
But... I thought that Roedter handle was tight! :stuart:
Even when it is, the blade isnt.

The Roedter actually shaved okay. :cool:

365 Shaves in 2021: 155 for 155 = 100%
shave 20210604_133052_2.jpg

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe EdT Splash

First shave with the Beast! The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan has a pretty fair amount of blade exposure:

This is a very efficient razor. Used a steep angle with very minimal (really close to zero) pressure.

Passes: 2xWTG on my face and 1xWTG+1xATG on my neck. Used the Schick Type I2 Hydro-Magic for touch-ups around nose, mouth and jawline.

The results were smooth, bloodless and free of irritation. :)

Not a daily driver, but I can see me using the Roedter 1909 occasionally as a change of pace. :thumbup:

Very nice shave! :cool:

There is a lot of blade so proper care should be utilized. ;)
20210604_133201_2.jpg

Please excuse the crappy phone pic.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Roedter actually shaved okay. :cool:

365 Shaves in 2021: 155 for 155 = 100%
View attachment 1279832
Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe EdT Splash

First shave with the Beast! The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan has a pretty fair amount of blade exposure:

This is a very efficient razor. Used a steep angle with very minimal (really close to zero) pressure.

Passes: 2xWTG on my face and 1xWTG+1xATG on my neck. Used the Schick Type I2 Hydro-Magic for touch-ups around nose, mouth and jawline.

The results were smooth, bloodless and free of irritation. :)

Not a daily driver, but I can see me using the Roedter 1909 occasionally as a change of pace. :thumbup:

Very nice shave! :cool:

There is a lot of blade so proper care should be utilized. ;)
View attachment 1279835
Please excuse the crappy phone pic.

I thought only collectors bought these, and only to look at and talk about. Does anyone else have one to shave with?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday's shave was very good.

Just for the record, I'm not always getting an immediately post shave BBS soul patch even with the 95 OC. I wish I were, but I'm not. That's with me doing a ton of work, too.

Sometimes, like today, with the hysteresis effect I am getting BBB, or so close to it that I'll count it, in the soul patch! Just saying.

6-11-21.Topsail.Beach.Kit.95OD.D01.640.JPG

Flipped Wizamet SI​

topsail-beach-2021.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.theBeach.640.JPG

I've taken to sometimes, after I lather up and begin shaving, holding the brush in my left hand. This allows me to apply bits, covering small areas or large areas, of lather as I shave. I'm not sure it adds anything over my usual dependence on ghost lather, but it certainly might, and it certainly doesn't take away anything.

I'm doing a lot of work. The Timeless Ti 95 OC allows it.

I'll never I suspect achieve BBS in the area of my neck below the Adam's apple. I am unwilling to do anything other than N-S shaving there. Perhaps there is a super efficient razor which would do a great N-S job of it there, but which razor is that?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom