What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
:laugh: Exactly!

Personally, I don't see the point of having a cake if you can't eat it. Is that why people think I'm weird? :001_unsur

proxy.php

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Glad I ordered the F OC baseplate, too. I have the D SB and the B OC to try and can't imagine they won't be to my liking having used the big gun first. How this razor will fit into my rotation is yet to be determined but I like it so far.
Now you have me eyeing SB C, D, and E baseplates for my Karve to go along with my OC C and OC D baseplates, Jim. I'm really curious how you find the SB D baseplate.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday. My second shave with the Karve.

5-10-21.Karve.OC-F.CH3.Manchurian.Vitos.640.JPG

Today for the second time I used the Karve, again the OC F, and again I had a very good shave.

I'm not sure today's shave was as close as yesterday's with the Pearl V4, but it was still a very good shave.

I had one very minor weeper.

Yummy scent.​
12-20.theBeach.HyaluroicAcid.Brickell.640JPG.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Ordered a second Karve today, in order to get a G baseplate, and a shorter handle.

Proving my RAD is not in remission!​
1620657267063.png

I do not plan to keep all the various Karve stuff (so I'm renting some of it).

Also, I have borrowed a Game Changer 68 baseplate and cap to try out. I've never before used a Game Changer so it will be interesting. Very nice of a member to lend me his GC to try out for a while.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ordered a second Karve today, in order to get a G baseplate, and a shorter handle.

Proving my RAD is not in remission!​
View attachment 1264512

I do not plan to keep all the various Karve stuff (so I'm renting some of it).

Also, I have borrowed a Game Changer 68 baseplate and cap to try out. I've never before used a Game Changer so it will be interesting. Very nice of a member to lend me his GC to try out for a while.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ha! This is what I'd call a successfull enabling. Glad you like the Karve this much (with the more aggressive plates attached) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Decided to prep myself with the OC-F today. ;)

Monday 20210510
Razor: Karve Brass OC-F
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Brush: Opal 100 (24mm Best Badger)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Badger Blends Aproxo
20210510_161307~2.jpg

Outstanding shave! :cool:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday my shave was good.

5-11-21.PearlV4(on#6).Shavemac.Vitos.640.JPG

The Pearl V4 is a terrific razor.

Today, I used it again with it set on #6 throughout. On that setting it is a very smooth feeling shaver. I did what I call a 2.5 shave. It was pretty close (not BBS) and pretty comfortable. There were three weepers (which is three too many).

My plan is to try some variations in the settings. Maybe #6 on the first pass and a lower setting or two for the next lathered passes. Maybe begin with #5, and go to #4, or even #3. Obviously, I'm very new to the razor (this is just my third shave with it) and I'm experimenting with its capacity to adjust as well as climbing the learning curve.

On setting #6 there is fairly little blade feel (not none, but less than I'd expect).

This is a really great brush, too. Soap, too for that matter.

Yummy!​
12-20.theBeach.HyaluroicAcid.Brickell.640JPG.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Tuesday my shave was good.

View attachment 1264973

The Pearl V4 is a terrific razor.

Today, I used it again with it set on #6 throughout. On that setting it is a very smooth feeling shaver. I did what I call a 2.5 shave. It was pretty close (not BBS) and pretty comfortable. There were three weepers (which is three too many).

My plan is to try some variations in the settings. Maybe #6 on the first pass and a lower setting or two for the next lathered passes. Maybe begin with #5, and go to #4, or even #3. Obviously, I'm very new to the razor (this is just my third shave with it) and I'm experimenting with its capacity to adjust as well as climbing the learning curve.

On setting #6 there is fairly little blade feel (not none, but less than I'd expect).

This is a really great brush, too. Soap, too for that matter.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I like the Flexi alright but I find it unnecessarily heavy. It could lose a few pounds in the handle which would improve control.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Karve Brass SB-G plate arrived this afternoon. Just in time for my evening shave. :)

Mine arrived yesterday. 3" handle. Widebody cap. Loaded with a flipped Wizamet SI blade.

5-12-21.Karve.G-Plate.3%22 RV.Manchurian.640JPG.JPG

I'm not sure about this G baseplate just yet, but it seems smoother feeling on my skin than the OC F baseplate (I think).

It seems efficient, but is it more efficient than the OC F plate? I'm not sure. We'll see.

12-20.CoconutBayRum.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Mine arrived yesterday. 3" handle. Widebody cap. Loaded with a flipped Wizamet SI blade.

View attachment 1265464

I'm not sure about this G baseplate just yet, but it seems smoother feeling on my skin than the OC F baseplate (I think).

It seems efficient, but is it more efficient than the OC F plate? I'm not sure. We'll see.

View attachment 1265468

Happy shaves,

Jim
That does it Jim, I'm putting my Karve OC D baseplate in for my next shave, blade undetermined at this moment. :cuppa:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday's shave.

Tuesday 20210511
20210511_201946~2.jpg

Razor: Karve Brass SB-G
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey "The Favorite"
(Shavemac 24mm 2-band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Badger Blend Aproxo
Fragrance: Cuba Royal EdT Spray

Comparing the Karve Brass SB-G to the OC-F:
20210511_202135~2.jpg

The SB-G is a bit more efficient and a bit smoother than the OC-F - enough so that it may well move the Karve Brass up to Big Dog status. I want to get more shaves in with the SB-G plate before I offer additional comments. Definitely shows promise. :thumbup:

Outstanding shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

My standard 3-pass (plus minimal touch-ups) shave with the OC-F was effortless, smooth and close. My shave with the SB-G was even more effortless and also smoother and closer. Obviously, I need more shaves with both plates to dial in my rankings, but my initial impressions favor the SB-G. :)

YMMV :cool:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Now you have me eyeing SB C, D, and E baseplates for my Karve to go along with my OC C and OC D baseplates, Jim. I'm really curious how you find the SB D baseplate.

The only ones I have are these.
  • OC B​
  • SB D​
  • OC F​
  • SB G​
The only ones I have used are these.
  • OD F
  • SB G
I am a real beginner with the Karve, but I like the razor (and now have two; 3" and 3.25;" "regular" and widebody; I may eventually decide to keep only one).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Top Bottom