Fumbling about.
Is that the reason we're not allowed to see it? :crying:

I'm confused.

4-28-21.MixedKnot.Timeless.OC.Vitos.SI.640.JPG

⬆ This is it ⬆

Happy shaves,

Jim

Talking of Michelangelo...

Nice. Like most great 20th century poetry, T.S. Eliot's AJ Prufrock was about shaving. The poor man is simply trying to choose a razor, soap and brush for the day, and his daughters are adding to his indecisiveness by distracting him with their babbling about nonsense. I can relate.

Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

It's a shame that things like poetry, pipe smoking, and wet shaving have fallen so far out of fashion. Their modern equivalents are much less satisfying. 😒

I'm envious of your growing collection of amazing brushes Jim. If I had to choose between all those I'm not sure I'd be able to pick one before lunch, let alone breakfast. :)

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Nice. Like most great 20th century poetry, T.S. Eliot's AJ Prufrock was about shaving. The poor man is simply trying to choose a razor, soap and brush for the day, and his daughters are adding to his indecisiveness by distracting him with their babbling about nonsense. I can relate.

Talking of Michelangelo.

It's a shame that things like poetry, pipe smoking, and wet shaving have fallen so far out of fashion. Their modern equivalents are much less satisfying. 😒

I'm envious of your growing collection of amazing brushes Jim. If I had to choose between all those I'm not sure I'd be able to pick one before lunch, let alone breakfast. :)

Thanks for the thoughts and the compliment to my brushes, but especially for the poetry. I was not previously familiar with that poem. It would surely be regarded as sexists now, right, but I think it is not.

In large measure conversation has also fallen out of fashion (but not here so much).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Talking of Michelangelo.

Good thing you elaborated Nick, I thought everyone would get the reference. Thanks!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday. Good shave today.

Wizamet SI
(flipped)​
4-30-21.TimelessOCBronze.CH3.Manchurian.Vitos.640.JPG
12-20.theBeach.HyaluroicAcid.Brickell.640JPG.JPG

A really nice scent, and great products.​

I wouldn't say the Timeless Bronze with the OC baseplate is the smoothest feeling razor I've ever used, but it's quite acceptable. It's also pretty efficient, and capable of smoothing my soul patch. I'm not getting an overall (including neck) BBS, but then again I never do unless I totally overdo things (which I don't do anymore having learned).

1619801372083.png

Is there a more efficient, and equally not prone to biting me, and equally smooth on my skin razor?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I wouldn't say the Timeless Bronze with the OC baseplate is the smoothest feeling razor I've ever used, but it's quite acceptable. It's also pretty efficient, and capable of smoothing my soul patch. I'm not getting an overall (including neck) BBS, but then again I never do unless I totally overdo things (which I don't do anymore having learned).

If recollection serves your Timeless Bronze is a .78. Have you ever tried the RR Game Changer .84? The design is actually pretty similar to the timeless from a blade bend radius and clamping perspective. I absolutely love my .68. It's just the right amount of efficient but still comfortable as grandpa's recliner. Sometimes I have to check if there's a blade in it. That said, it's still perfectly capable of a BBS shave if I'm in a baby chasing mood (which is seldom).

proxy.php

proxy.php

They're a pretty good value at $55, which is a heck of a price for 316l stainless. They also come with a handsome SS stand for an extra $10, so that your wife knows you're taking her opinion into consideration when purchasing razors. Just a thought.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I thought that was one of your FOCSes. No? :001_unsur

Well, yes, I love the FOCS, and it's extremely smooth on my skin and and all that. It's also darn efficient. Perhaps it's somewhat less efficient, but, if so, not a huge amount, compared with the more efficient Timeless Bronze OC 78.

Of course, I know, from having used it a lot more, the FOCS a lot better than I know the Bronze 78.

The FOCS is very hard to beat in its wonderful combination of qualities.

I'm also a crazy hobbyist.

1619815864586.png

Probably I'm alone in this.

If recollection serves your Timeless Bronze is a .78. Have you ever tried the RR Game Changer .84? The design is actually pretty similar to the timeless from a blade bend radius and clamping perspective. I absolutely love my .68. It's just the right amount of efficient but still comfortable as grandpa's recliner. Sometimes I have to check if there's a blade in it. That said, it's still perfectly capable of a BBS shave if I'm in a baby chasing mood (which is seldom).

They're a pretty good value at $55, which is a heck of a price for 316l stainless. They also come with a handsome SS stand for an extra $10, so that your wife knows you're taking her opinion into consideration when purchasing razors. Just a thought.

Yes. The Timeless Bronze OC is a 78.

I'm going to be trying a borrowed GC 68 SB soon.

How do you see the GC 68 vs the 84?

Also what handle do you prefer with them? SB vs OC?

The Game Changers get a lot of good reviews. I don't know them at all.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes. The Timeless Bronze OC is a 78.

I'm going to be trying a borrowed GC 68 SB soon.

How do you see the GC 68 vs the 84?

Also what handle do you prefer with them? SB vs OC?

The Game Changers get a lot of good reviews. I don't know them at all.

I love the GC 68. I consider it the stainless steel version of my beloved RR Teck II. They're remarkably similar shave-wise. I've never tried the GC 84, but it will likely be the next razor I buy. I vacillate between stoic minimalism and brief explosions of hopeless RAD, but my periods of RAD always seem to come when every the GC is out of stock (like now).

I have the two-piece Halo, Bulldog, and Radio knob. The Radio Knob is hands down my favorite handle. The Bulldog is a well executed classic with superb knurling. I'm not a big fan of the halo aesthetically, but it came with the Mamba .54 I bought on the BST years ago.

I'm a big fan of straight bars generally, so I'm probably not the best judge of that. Open combs have always seemed like a solution in search of a problem to me. Maybe they were designed for guys that only shaved once a week before church, and offer more space for decapitated whiskers to escape? I shave daily so I've never really seen the point. Lots of guys prefer them though so I trust open combs have virtues as yet unknown to me.

Here are some razor pics of available RR handles so you can see what I'm talking about above. The final pics is the GC with the Radio Knob.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saturday. An almost seven pm shave.

Wizamet SI
(flipped)

Rudy Vey Zebra
Shavemac 2 band
(not D01)

Time Bronze SB​
5-1-21.Timeless68Bronze.RV.Zebra.2Band.Vitos.640.JPG

The Timeless Bronze SB is significantly smoother feeling than the also smooth feeling OC. The efficiency of the SB is impressive, and this seems like a very close shave considering I didn't do a whole lot of work.

12-20.CrownKingBayRum.AA.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640.JPG

What a nice scent!​

Thought I might skip shaving today, but changed my mind. I'm glad I did.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
4-24-21.TimelessBronzeSB.Stand.New-from-BST.640.JPG

Which does my skin prefer?

I'd think it would be the "milder" SB.​
TimelessBronzeOC.640.JPG

But, I think maybe the supposedly more aggressive OC baseplate of the Timeless Bronze is more comfortable on my skin in the shave it delivers than the smoother feeling SB baseplate. I'm testing that notion.

My RAD has flared up. It's not just the Timeless Bronze.

This morning I ordered this razor in spite of the fact that I think adjustables are stupid and the other fact that I think my Gillette Executive on #5 delivers a great shave.​
Pearl.V4.480.png
1619966739535.png

Also yesterday I ordered a brass Karve razor with a 3.25 inch handle, an OC F baseplate, and a SB D baseplate. Seems like all the baseplates are loved by most everyone who has one.

Oh, and a stand.​

These are difficult and dangerous experiments in which we engage.

1619967756428.png

Someone mentioned getting government grants for funding which I believe a fabulous idea.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Sunday. Good shave. One lathered pass. Not much work.

5-2-21.TimelessOCBronze.70:30(raised).Vitos.640.JPG

The OC is not as smooth feeling as the SB, but I think maybe it leaves my skin feeling better post shave. I'll continue the experiment.

Can't say that raising the loft of the brush by 3 or 4 mm helped with the scritch. The scritch is almost entirely when I lightly push the brush into my face. Mostly it goes away when I've mashed it into my skin or am painting. However, I think it just a little bit "rough." It has delicious scrub, but perhaps a bit too much roughness as compared with some other mixed knots.

SemogueSOC.Mistura.480.JPG

These mixed knots for instance are not scritchy.​
Ian's Oumo Mixed.640.2-17-21.JPG

All in all a pretty good shave.

12-20.CrownKingBayRum.AA.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640.JPG

Skin feels good, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday. My Timeless Bronze experiment continues.

5-3-21.CH3.Manchurian.TimelessBronzeSB.Vitos.640.JPG

I'm trying to determine which I like better, the OC or the SB. Which one gives me better feeling skin? Which one gives me a better shave? I like them both. Nice razor. Really nice brush. Wizamet SI blade (flipped).

Good scent.

Yummy products.​
12-20.CoconutBayRum.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

This is intriguing to me as I plan on ordering a Timeless bronze once the border opens.
It took me a few shaves to get into the Karve, but once I did I moved up to the SB D plate and with a med prep blade it is the best thing I have in my collection. Good luck!

Top Bottom