What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've used it before and am going to add it back to my Dissenter browser. I'm not sure uBlock Origin is necessary with Dissenter. I think maybe I had it on Dissenter before, and removed it as unneeded but I'm trying it again. It's certainly a good extension; compared to many it's a great extension.

Thank, Mike, and happy shaves,

Jim

You're welcome Jim.

I havent tried Dissenter, even though, in large part, I am one haha. I find uBlock, especially these days, as mandatory. Its the best ad blocker I've used. I think they even have it for Google Chrome now too.

If you have problems with ad's or popups, or popunders, try uBlock Origin too.

I've been using that for a while now. Firefox is ace. I've been pondering Linux as an OS after a remark in another thread but I'm not sure about it. I've never used anything other than Windows (I even like it's faults, lol) but maybe I'll give it a try. The problem is, Windows gives me no problems.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've been using that for a while now. Firefox is ace. I've been pondering Linux as an OS after a remark in another thread but I'm not sure about it. I've never used anything other than Windows (I even like it's faults, lol) but maybe I'll give it a try. The problem is, Windows gives me no problems.

Screenshot_2021-03-06 Kramer-Worse-Worse-Featured webp (WEBP Image, 1710 × 900 pixels).png

I gave up on Linux when I found out I had to do this: $ sudo dnf install java-latest-openjdk

Thats a while ago though. Win10 Pro runs flawlessly for me. Making it run flawlessly however, is a 3 1/2 hour task on a clean install lol.

Also helps to block those annoying Youtube ads.
Actually makes FireFox worth using as a browser.

I've been using Firefox for 20 years now, I think. I dont even need to edit about:config anymore and havent for the last 5 years or more to make mine as fast or faster than Google Chrome or any other bare browser I've tried, with my three plugin's running.

The other I use is for auto captcha solving for downloading via jdownloader.

JDownloader.org - Official Homepage - https://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wiki/addons/list/firefox-addon

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My favorites on the B1 are the Timeless and the TiBam Titanium handles.

Now that you've used the new Timeless ⬇ Titanium Crown, which Timeless handle, David?

1615072997340.png

I'm also visualizing the B1 Standard (and my Wunderbar) on these two ↕ Timeless Crown handles.

1615073084826.png

Both of those new Timeless handles look good. Really good. I like the shiny polished handle better than the matte finish, but I like the matte finish just fine, too. I think the polished Timeless Crown handle might look better with the Wunderbar, and can't very well determine how I'd like the look of the polished version on the B1 Standard.

Both look great on their own...

But, so does the antique handle. However, what's this ⬇ ?

1615073404684.png
This handle on eBay look different in color from how it looks on David's razor. Makes me wonder if it's a different handle. Anybody know?​
Here it is on David's B1 Standard ➡

At least, I think it's on David's razor here.​
1615073523575.png

I'm in no rush to decide whether to buy an iKon B1 Standard, but if I buy one I have to have a handle for it, right?

The Wunderbar I'm using in the Fixed Four is turning out to be a rather amazingly close shaving razor. Whether I can master it (so it draws no blood) is an open question. Whether I'd like the B1 Standard better or less well is another open question.

Not that they're mutually exclusive in one's collection, but money spent on new razors can't also be spent on new brushes.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 1233013

I gave up on Linux when I found out I had to do this: $ sudo dnf install java-latest-openjdk

Thats a while ago though. Win10 Pro runs flawlessly for me. Making it run flawlessly however, is a 3 1/2 hour task on a clean install lol.

I've been using Firefox for 20 years now, I think. I dont even need to edit about:config anymore and havent for the last 5 years or more to make mine as fast or faster than Google Chrome or any other bare browser I've tried, with my three plugin's running.

The other I use is for auto captcha solving for downloading via jdownloader.

JDownloader.org - Official Homepage - https://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wiki/addons/list/firefox-addon

Ah, there's something to solve the auto captcha nightmare. Cool.

I use a Macbook Pro. I do have a PC with Windows in the office, but rarely touch it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Now that you've used the new Timeless ⬇ Titanium Crown, which Timeless handle, David?

View attachment 1233019

I'm also visualizing the B1 Standard (and my Wunderbar) on these two ↕ Timeless Crown handles.

View attachment 1233021

Both of those new Timeless handles look good. Really good. I like the shiny polished handle better than the matte finish, but I like the matte finish just fine, too. I think the polished Timeless Crown handle might look better with the Wunderbar, and can't very well determine how I'd like the look of the polished version on the B1 Standard.

Both look great on their own...

But, so does the antique handle. However, what's this ⬇ ?

This handle on eBay look different in color from how it looks on David's razor. Makes me wonder if it's a different handle. Anybody know?​
Here it is on David's B1 Standard ➡

At least, I think it's on David's razor here.​
View attachment 1233042

I'm in no rush to decide whether to buy an iKon B1 Standard, but if I buy one I have to have a handle for it, right?

The Wunderbar I'm using in the Fixed Four is turning out to be a rather amazingly close shaving razor. Whether I can master it (so it draws no blood) is an open question. Whether I'd like the B1 Standard better or less well is another open question.

Not that they're mutually exclusive in one's collection, but money spent on new razors can't also be spent on new brushes.

Happy shaves,

Jim

The Rusdrunkbear Handlebar, TiBam Ti Antique, Timeless Ti TRH6 and Timeless Ti TRH8 handles are all right at the top of my list of favorite handles for the Ikon B1 Standard. Probably give the nod to the TiBam Antique.

That ebay listing is the same handle. The colors in my pic with the B1 really didn't reflect the reality.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Rusdrunkbear Handlebar, TiBam Ti Antique, Timeless Ti TRH6 and Timeless Ti TRH8 handles are all right at the top of my list of favorite handles for the Ikon B1 Standard. Probably give the nod to the TiBam Antique.

That ebay listing is the same handle. The colors in my pic with the B1 really didn't reflect the reality.

Thanks, David.

Good thing I'm still not ready to pull the trigger.

I read on the Tibam vendor's site that he can change the dimensions. I like handles somewhat shorter than some people, so ordering one of his in a shorter length might be an option.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Decision made, haha.

FWIW, @TinyT , I've been using Linux for everything (except the windoze computer my employer provided) since ~2003.

I rarely have to use the command line anymore. In my opinion, windoze is a much bigger headache to install, administer, secure and use than current Linux distros like Ubuntu and Mint.

of course, YMMV. :)

FWIW, @TinyT , I've been using Linux for everything (except the windoze computer my employer provided) since ~2003.

I rarely have to use the command line anymore. In my opinion, windoze is a much bigger headache to install, administer, secure and use than current Linux distros like Ubuntu and Mint.

of course, YMMV. :)

Thanks David. If I ever have an issue with Windows I'll look into it further.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Ah, there's something to solve the auto captcha nightmare. Cool.

I use a Macbook Pro. I do have a PC with Windows in the office, but rarely touch it.

jdownloader is a fantastic tool for downloading. Its a download manager so unless you're downloading a lot of files, or want to download certain things that you may not be otherwise able to, like Yotube videos or something, you may not have much use for it. That plugin for Firefox, only solves captchas for jdownloader downloads and then, not all of them, but most of them.

The last Linux install I tried was Kubuntu about 6 years ago and I needed command lines to install most everything but my hardware drivers. I thought I kept the setup file but I guess I deleted it so I dont know which version it was. It was easier to use than Red Hat I tried about 15 years ago.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
jdownloader is a fantastic tool for downloading. Its a download manager so unless you're downloading a lot of files, or want to download certain things that you may not be otherwise able to, like Yotube videos or something, you may not have much use for it. That plugin for Firefox, only solves captchas for jdownloader downloads and then, not all of them, but most of them.

The last Linux install I tried was Kubuntu about 6 years ago and I needed command lines to install most everything but my hardware drivers. I thought I kept the setup file but I guess I deleted it so I dont know which version it was. It was easier to use than Red Hat I tried about 15 years ago.

Ubuntu Linux and Linux Mint have been getting easier and easier with each release. The repositories have all the software most folks will ever need/use. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday's shave was okay, but there were some mosquito bites.

Mosquito bites? I'll let you, if you're interested, read what Chuck @Old Hippie has to say about the Wunderbar and mosquito bites. Chuck nailed it, in my view.

3-9-21.Mistura.Vitos.Wunderbar.640JPG.JPG

12-20.CoconutBayRum.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640.JPG

My shave was very good (overall) but I still had several (non painful) "mosquito bites." Certainly not a big deal, but I'll prefer to go bloodless.

Maybe that's just how it goes with the Wunderbar. I have recently had at least one shave with the Wunderbar, a shave completely devoid of blood. Was this just luck?

Not to worry...I'm having a pretty good Fixed Four.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom