What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just rescued myself from the Brad Sears | M&F pages, and their associated buy buttons.

Brad Sears. Brush. 12-20..png

Naturally I was drawn to the most expensive items.

I'm safe now (but you may not be).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday my shave was good.

12-22-20.TimelessOnFine.RVD01.Vitos.640.JPG

Rudy Vey D01 2 Band

Wizamet SI
(flipped)

Timeless Slim
Fine Handle​
Brickell Face Moisturizer
(good stuff)​
12-20.HyaluronicAcid.BrickellFaceMoisturzer.AABayRum.640.JPG

My Timeless Slim shaves are improving a bit I think.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Wednesday shave was good.

12-23-20.RV-IBO.Timeless.Wizamet.Vitos.640.JPG

Wizamet SI
(New Blade Today)

Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak
Shavemac 25 mm 2 Band
(not D01)​

I'm continuing to enjoy the opportunity to try to learn this Timeless Slim.

HyaluronicAcid.PumpBottle.1-7-20.480.JPG

12-13-20.BrickellFaceMoisturizer.640.Front..JPG

Clasico Bay Rum.640.12-5-20.New.JPG

This morning these ⬆ were my post shave products. All are very good kit.

I've been dealing with dry skin recently with the weather changing. It's a challenge I've dealt with forever. I've gotten vastly better at it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
HyaluronicAcidForFaces.480.jpg

How much does the HA help?

A huge amount, but I have to stay on top of things and do a nighttime routine, too. At least right now I have to do more at night with the suddenly colder weather and the heat on inside. {By Canadian standards it's very mild early fall weather here.}
  1. Wet my face down with warm water a few times.
  2. Light towel "dry" to remove surface water leaving skin damp.
  3. Apply hyaluronic acid.
  4. Let it dry about a third of the way.
  5. Put a little water on my face, all over. Not much. Just drops on my fingertips.
  6. Brush my teeth and such, letting my face air dry.
  7. Apply moisturizer.
Sounds a lot harder than it is.

This morning I applied knock off Noxzema (Equate brand) to my skin upon awakening, giving it plenty of time to dry before my shower. That helps, too.

I have no idea if my tricks for this would necessarily work for others, but I've been fooling with dry skin, painfully dry sometimes, worse than that sometimes, for a long time.

Mike, in all respects for my skin, hyaluronic acid has been a game changer.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 1199134

A huge amount, but I have to stay on top of things and do a nighttime routine, too. At least right now I have to do more at night with the suddenly colder weather and the heat on inside. {By Canadian standards it's very mild early fall weather here.}
  1. Wet my face down with warm water a few times.
  2. Light towel "dry" to remove surface water leaving skin damp.
  3. Apply hyaluronic acid.
  4. Let it dry about a third of the way.
  5. Put a little water on my face, all over. Not much. Just drops on my fingertips.
  6. Brush my teeth and such, letting my face air dry.
  7. Apply moisturizer.
Sounds a lot harder than it is.

This morning I applied knock off Noxzema (Equate brand) to my skin upon awakening, giving it plenty of time to dry before my shower. That helps, too.

I have no idea if my tricks for this would necessarily work for others, but I've been fooling with dry skin, painfully dry sometimes, worse than that sometimes, for a long time.

Happy shaves,

Jim

After a couple of days of doing the twice a day application of HA, etc, my skin feels perfectly normal this morning. I'm not even going to apply Noxzema to it this morning.

Maybe the somewhat higher temperature yesterday and last night helped but i think it was the HA and the other stuff I used and did.

It's nice to fix a problem. Trust me, this dry winter skin thing has been a huge problem for me over the decades. I can remember horrible chapped skin in college.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

I did check one drug store, they didnt have any. I did notice however that they had a full compliment of womens skin care concoctions, all the way up in price to $96 for a 2oz bottle or $196 for a 3 piece set of...whatever it was. :yikes: That however, also came with a free gift, of something in a cute red box lol. Ah, Christmas...

I did check one drug store, they didnt have any. I did notice however that they had a full compliment of womens skin care concoctions, all the way up in price to $96 for a 2oz bottle or $196 for a 3 piece set of...whatever it was. :yikes: That however, also came with a free gift, of something in a cute red box lol. Ah, Christmas...
I couldn't find any either at my local Drug Store (Boots in the UK). Did an online check and they had some in a store I couldn't be bothered to drive to, so ordered something else from Amazon.
I gets rave revews and has HA listed as an ingredient (high concentration - whatever that means).

I don't have dry skin per se. But thought It was worth a try and have been using it for a few weeks now, followed by any of my Proraso moisturisers. Seems to be keeping my skin nice and smooth.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I couldn't find any either at my local Drug Store (Boots in the UK). Did an online check and they had some in a store I couldn't be bothered to drive to, so ordered something else from Amazon.
I gets rave revews and has HA listed as an ingredient (high concentration - whatever that means).

I don't have dry skin per se. But thought It was worth a try and have been using it for a few weeks now, followed by any of my Proraso moisturisers. Seems to be keeping my skin nice and smooth.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeah, Amazon seems to be the go to place for it.

Merry Christmas!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I love that Beach aftershave. I think the first time I saw it was on one of your post. Anyway I bought some and love it.

I wore the Beach at the beach which is where this photo was taken, but I wear it at home in the winter and it takes me back.

It's a well done scent to my nose.

Glad you like it.​
Beach.Splash.@HoldenBeach.2020.480.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Boxing Day shave was very good. Skipped shaving on Christmas and most of the next day, but got in an early evening shave between football games. Mostly I needed to shower and was feeling quite unacceptable (to myself) in my presentation.

12-26-20.TimelessSlim.CopperZ-Man.Vitos.640.JPG

Zenith Copper Handled Manchurian
(plenty of scrub and backbone; very soft, too)

Vitos Red

Wizamet SI
(flipped)

Timeless Slim
Fine Handle​
Good Stuff ➡​
hyaluronic.acid.Brickell.CoconutBay.640.JPG

I don't think I've deliberately done anything or modified technique to climb the razor's learning curve, but I'm better after six shaves with this borrowed razor than I was to begin with. It is a very nice razor. Extremely rigid. Efficient, but not so much prone to biting me as some "aggressive" razors.

I can see the appeal of the Timeless for sure.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Sunday shave was good.

Probably I loaded a little heavy, not intentionally. The lather was thick and creamy and very nice. Of course the Mistura is a flat out lather monster, so the soap had every advantage.

12-27-20.Timeless.Mistura.Haslinger640.JPG

Timeless Slim

Wizamet SI
(flipped)

Haslinger

SOC Mistura​

My trial period with the Timeless Slim has ended. Fine handle trial, too.

The more I used this razor - seven shaves - the more I liked it. That doesn't mean I mastered the razor. None of my shaves were BBS overall, but all were very close on my cheeks with little work.

The Timeless Slim demands a very light touch. Better, a very light touch is sufficient on my face. My neck? I don't expect a BBS neck with any razor unless I over do something. In one lathered pass I was able to get a decent shave with this razor, but I shave in several directions in one lathered pass.

Overall, I'd say it's more efficient than most razors. With a light touch it feels smooth enough during the shave (not as smooth as my FOCS and not as smooth as my Gillette Executive on #5).

My soul patch area is not perfect. I did not do though a whole lot of buffing. For the amount of work I did with the razor the smoothness of that very tough area is remarkably good.

It doesn't take long to see there's a learning curve with the Timeless Slim. It might be very informative to do a Fixed Four with this razor but without knowing more about the Slim's smoothness curve I'd not jump into a Fixed with it.

This Timeless Slim has been a treat to try out. I can't wait to read reviews of the razor a month or two down the road. The razor will be headed home.

HyaluronicAcid.Sandalwood.640.JPG

Post shave began with Hyaluronic Acid. Next came Brickell Face Moisturizer.

Today's splash is a sandalwood.​
12-13-20.BrickellFaceMoisturizer.640.Front..JPG

The Fine handle, borrowed from a WFSR, is serious. It feels very fat, heavy, and grippy, maybe too fat, too heavy, and more grippy than necessary, but I'm not saying that.

I'm thinking of what razor to use tomorrow.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom