Zenith B29
full_1c31a73a-3c00-4749-a2a7-a6de168fba77_540x 2.jpg

Zenith B17
full_696be3bb-ad51-462e-8a0d-f3012fc1f927_360x.jpg

Zenith B2 (B03-A26)

full_8997f53c-dd10-4887-9980-ab273c5ebf3f_360x 2.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks for the good pictures. I do better when I can see what the brush looks like.

1600976123774.png

The blue handle is lovely. I have a brush with that handle. The handle's ergonomics are stellar in my view

1600976142171.png

I love the little black wooden handled Zenith boars. They seem like knobs to me, but perfect knobs.
This brush is another boar I like. I have one exactly like it assuming this is the aluminum handle.

It could be the chromed copper handle, but I'm not sure.

1600976224705.png

Nice kit.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yesterday's Zenith boar brush is way more broken in than it was when I got it, but I think I still got a smidgeon of brush burn. Nothing to write home about yet here I am. I'll put it through another week of offline break in.

Today's Sunday shave involved choices. Particularly the choice of brush.

RudyVeyBrushes(2).Mine.480.9-27-20.JPG
Which Rudy Vey Shavemac Brush Should I Use Today?
  1. Beehive with the 26mm D01 2 Band​
  2. Irish Bog Oak with the 25mm 2 Band​

I went with the Shavemac D01. It's always a good choice for me, but so is the IBO with the non-D01 two band. Both function perfectly and feel great to me. Neither is heavy on softness, but both are pleasant for me to use. Both have presence. One is a lot more stiff than the other, but both have a lot of backbone. They're similar but not twins by any means.

I really like both Rudy Vey brushes. A lot.

After today's shave I discarded the blade.
Before the shave would have been better.

That is not me saving the blade wasn't sharp. Quite the contrary, but it was just a tad less smooth than I prefer. Maybe I was premature to discard it, but it's just a razor blade.​
Iridum.Super.Tuck.480.8:3:20.JPG

9-27-20.RV.Beehive.FOCS.Vitos.480.JPG

It worked out to be a very good kit which shouldn't surprise anyone even a little bit.​

Shout out to my soap for being so consistently great. It never gets in the way but it always delivers. You should try it.

Excellent post shave products made my skin look and feel great. This kit is hard to beat.

In spite of being an Aftershave & Cologne Beach is not anywhere near as long lasting a scent as Atomic Age Bay Rum, but I'm going to the swimming pool at the Kroc Center in a little while so how long can I expect any scent to last?​
HyaluronicdAcid.Cremo.Beach.480.8-23-20.JPG

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
9-28-20.Vitos.70:30.FOCS.480.JPG

FOCS
New Wizamet Super Iridium Blade
Vitos Extra Super Coco

Hyaluronic Acid
Cremo Face Moisturizer
Atomic Age Bay Rum​
HyaluronicAcid.Cremo.BayRum.480.8-22-20.JPG

My Monday shave was a good one in all respects. The brush seems like it might break in more over time, but it's good enough to use and enjoy as part of my rotation. It's not ready for every day use, but I'm not going to use it every day. It's the Maggard 70/30 26mm knot in an old Thater handle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday's shave was good. It's been a long week and I'm glad it's Friday. My shave was better than usual in that I did less work on my soul patch than usual but had a better outcome.

10-2-20.SimpsonCH2.Silvertip.Vitos.FOCS.480.JPG

Wizamet Blade, Flipped
FOCS
Chubby 2 in Silvertip
(It's Two Band Silvertip)
Vitos Red

Hyaluronic Acid
Cremo Face Moisturizer
Atomic Age Bay Rum​

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Sunday the shave was very good indeed.

10-4-20.Kit.640.JPG

Wizamet SI, Flipped
FOCS
Chubby 2 Two Band Silvertip
Vitos Extra Super Coco

Hyaluronic Acid
Cremo Face Moisturizer
Atomic Age Bay Rum​

Extremely soft brush! Plenty of density and backbone but the very definition of soft.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom