What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You guys are really on my case, but it's okay.

My Monday shave was good enough.

3-23-20.Kit.Fixed.HyaluronicAcid.136.640.JPG

Not a perfect shave because I missed a few white chin whiskers. Those suckers are impossible to see during the shave and I did not do a ton of work. It was a simple shave. Also, I hadn't shaved since Friday morning. A 72 hour shave is always a pleasure.

Beach.NewBottle.480.7-13-19.JPG

One of my favorite splashes today.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Tuesday shave was good enough for telemedicine.

3-23-20.Kit.Fixed.HyaluronicAcid.136.640.JPG

Now I have to figure out how to get the telemedicine as good as the shave which is both more important and harder.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If its not a 1080 or 4k stream it wont matter. :tongue_sm

I'm not so sure. I could see a lot on people's faces today.

However, I'll say this. Telephone telemedicine is vastly more user friendly so far than the video stuff - there's buffering, it freezes up, the sound quality is not very good, etc. - my guess is a lot is system and server overload. So far, I'm not impressed with the platform I have nor am I impressed with their tech support. They seem to be busy selling services to new customers instead of supporting their existing and old customers.

They also have truly lousy videos and written explanations about how to solve the myriad problems. You know the kind...they're written by techies who assume everyone knows what they think they know. How 'bout overdoing the explanation instead? How 'bout beta testing the video and tech stuff?

The platform I'm using is Spruce. We've been using it for secure text messaging and it's great for that (as a platform; not in the tech support), but not good so far for video stuff.

Still, the grass is green and I am counting my blessings which are infinite.

Happy shaves are happening everywhere we are, gentlemen.

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I was being a bit facetious. I would think virtually all webcams and video software these days support at least full 1080p.

Look for encrypted video conferencing software. This has been a growing industry for several years now. How any of them react to the internet service you or your clients have however, is anyones guess.

The software and platform I use for telemedicine has to be compliant with all the government privacy and data safety requirements which includes the various businesses involved having signed contractual agreements to that effect. Some, for obvious reasons, aren't willing to assume the mandated liability, legal expense, and hassle.

There's a reason why the book Three Felonies a Day was written.

While I realize the risks are small in prevalence they're large in impact. I'd prefer to not have the feds be able to go after me.

Shaving is a lot more fun than some aspects of work. Still, I'm extremely fortunate to have a job which I mostly love and am satisfied by.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
How does that Bay Rum compare with others? Scary label.

It is by far my very favorite bay rum. Not that I've tried every bay rum ever made, but I've been into bay rum for decades and decades.

If you read the PAA guy's write ups on his products he tends towards hyperbole on occasion, but not when describing this bay rum.

I don't have the ability to describe smells well at all so I won't try. I'll just say it's a great smelling and long enough lasting but not too overpowering bay rum. I've had a compliment or two while wearing it, but mostly I wear if because it pleases my nose.

1585261894669.png

Certainly not everyone will love it as much as I do, but everyone who has tried it on my recommendation (thousands) has thanked me.

I don't dislike the other bay rums I have but this is the only one I grab now.

Most of what I said was actually true, and I do truly love this bay rum.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
It is by far my very favorite bay rum. Not that I've tried every bay rum ever made, but I've been into bay rum for decades and decades.

If you read the PAA guy's write ups on his products he tends towards hyperbole on occasion, but not when describing this bay rum.

I don't have the ability to describe smells well at all so I won't try. I'll just say it's a great smelling and long enough lasting but not too overpowering bay rum. I've had a compliment or two while wearing it, but mostly I wear if because it pleases my nose.

View attachment 1079001

Certainly not everyone will love it as much as I do, but everyone who has tried it on my recommendation (thousands) has thanked me.

I don't dislike the other bay rums I have but this is the only one I grab now.

Most of what I said was actually true, and I do truly love this bay rum.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I share that affection. The only two AS I use are Old Spice and Bay Run. I’m going to try Stirling Bay Rum because their Bay Rum soap is simply out of this world. The dominant spice is nutmeg. Unbelievable.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I share that affection. The only two AS I use are Old Spice and Bay Run. I’m going to try Stirling Bay Rum because their Bay Rum soap is simply out of this world. The dominant spice is nutmeg. Unbelievable.

I like the Stirling bay rum a lot, too, but nowhere near as much as the Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum. They are really two different animals, but all good.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Friday shave was pretty lousy, but that's okay.

3-27-20.Fixed-Kit.640.JPG

It was a very quick shave and pretty lousy as a shave. Comfortable! Just not a good shave.

Still, no problem. I'm doing 100% telemedicine now (mostly on the phone, but also have virtual face to face capacity). Mostly nobody sees what I look like other than my wife and my secretary. And, of course, me. I'm not so happy with what I see in the mirror, but it's a nothing burger.

Beach (PAA) and Hyaluronic Acid.480.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've been going three days between shaves, for no particular reason other than I'm not leaving the house so it doesnt matter lol.

Shave #2 on a PTFE is coming up in my MMOC and I fully expect perfection, although, I am tempted to use my Regent with a fresh Feather.

Decisions, decisions...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday I shaved. Since I'd not shaved since Friday morning, and since I got a bad shave on Friday, shaving was great.

3-30-20.FixedFour.Kit.640.136.Vitos.CopMan.JPG

Everyone knows the best shaves are the shaves after a few days of whisker growth, right?

My skin feels better a few hours post shave than it did this morning before my shave...

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's the last day of March, and the last shave of the Fixed is in the bank.

Fixed.FinalDay.3-31-20.640.JPG

It was a good shave. Maybe very good.

I'm pleased to say I've now completed my 3rd Fixed Four.

Happy shaves,

Jim

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Monday I shaved. Since I'd not shaved since Friday morning, and since I got a bad shave on Friday, shaving was great.

View attachment 1080536

Everyone knows the best shaves are the shaves after a few days of whisker growth, right?

View attachment 1080540

My skin feels better a few hours post shave than it did this morning before my shave...

Happy shaves,

Jim
I’ll bet you’re a hell of a lot prettier too!

Top Bottom