What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thanks to the magic of Squanto (Algonquin for “He who squants“), birds are produce on the fourth Thursday of November.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'd rather eat a Hickory smoked, maple glazed ham, and did.

IMG_3167.JPG

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Looks good. I've been a flexitarian for a while. It's pretty comfortable on the fence.

Was.

I've been looking for a turnip for a week and cant find one! I want to make a stew and cant without turnip.

thombrogan

We have turnips, rutabaga, pickerel, and pike. “Walleye” was a new term for me and don’t want it in my lexicon.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've heard (and maybe posted) worse. (but not many, ha!)

I thought you were a vegetarian Jim?

Mostly I am.

However, I eat as much seafood as I want, and occasionally eat turkey.

If I need food and there's nothing else I'll eat chicken, but that's happened like twice in my adult life.

You're remembering right, Wes, because I'm mostly vegetarian. For a long time I was totally vegan. I also don't care at all what other people eat nor if they go out and shoot poor innocent Bambi.

Happy shaves,

Jim

thombrogan

Is that what we call a Zander?

Different species, but similar appearance (pickerel and pike have pointier snouts than zande/pikeperch) and North Americans wouldn’t call them part of a “dirty dozen” even though many pickerel resemble Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson in expression and demeanor.

Different species, but similar appearance (pickerel and pike have pointier snouts than zande/pikeperch) and North Americans wouldn’t call them part of a “dirty dozen” even though many pickerel resemble Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson in expression and demeanor.

Pikeperch. That's what I was thinking of. I just looked up a Pickerel. Looks just like a Pike to me. Pretty hard to read.

bronson.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday's shave was very good indeed.

11-27-20,RV-IBO.Vitos.FOCS.640.JPG

FOCS
Wizamet SI, Flipped

Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak
Shavemac 25 mm 2 Band

Vitos Red​
Usual Suspects ➡​
HyaluronicAcid.Cremo.BayRum.480.8-22-20.JPG

It's occurred to me that I'm getting better shaves especially in the lower lip soul patch area, which is my most wiry whisker group, with a newish blade as opposed to the blades I have often used a good many (but who's counting) times.

If that's the case I may need to buy more blades.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
“Walleye” was a new term for me and don’t want it in my lexicon.

Me either.

Is that what we call a Zander?

A Zander sarnie? I think you'd call them Pike. They are in the same family.

Kohlrabi looks like a big turnip.

I dont know what that is but its not going in my stew.

Over here, the smaller veggies on the right are turnips, and the larger veggie on the left is a swede.

Then what do you call a Swede?

Top Bottom