Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I do it in a totally different way.

I flip my blade before every shave.

Maybe one way is better?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Tomato, tomatoe. ;) 🤣

I disassemble and thoroughly rinse my razor, and blade, after every shave. Then flip the blade and reassemble in preparation for the next shave.

So, technically, one could say that I am flipping the blade before my next shave. ;)

Interesting that you flip your blades. I do so after every shave. :)

I do it in a totally different way.

I flip my blade before every shave.

Maybe one way is better?

Interesting. I've never really considered flipping the blade between shaves, but now that you've mentioned it, I can't believe I've never thought of it before. I won't be able to resist.

That doesn't mean I'm OCD. That said, it will be easier for me to explain it to my therapist if I knew what benefits I'll be getting.

What should I say it does?

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
:laugh: Thank you for answering the "What the heck is that thing?" question I was just about to ask, Mike. :thumbup1:

A shot in the dark lol.

I saw a sample vial, and thought "Better to not ask..." :tongue_sm

I looked at it, wondered, looked closer and then assumed there was only one thing it really could be. Glad I was right haha.

What should I say it does?

I tell myself I'm stropping both sides of the blade by shaving with both sides of the blade. I have no idea if it does anything but the habit is too ingrained to stop now lol.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Vitos Red
Wizamet SI, Flipped
FOCS
Rudy Vey D01 2 Band

Hyaluronic Acid
Cremo Face Moisturizer
Atomic Age Bay Rum​
10-7-20.RV.Bee.FOCS.VitosRed.920JPG.JPG

Today's was a very good shave. Very comfortable. Also very close. There's no telling how many times the blade crossed my skin, but I lathered completely for a second time which is unusual.

Happy shaves,

Jim

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Vitos Red
Wizamet SI, Flipped
FOCS
Rudy Vey D01 2 Band

Hyaluronic Acid
Cremo Face Moisturizer
Atomic Age Bay Rum​
View attachment 1165387

Today's was a very good shave. Very comfortable. Also very close. There's no telling how many times the blade crossed my skin, but I lathered completely for a second time which is unusual.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Despite my miserly approach to soap usage, I always lather fully for each pass taken. In fact sometimes, it's the amount of lather I've made that dictates the number of passes. Even if I just planned on two passes, if I've ended up producing enough for three, I'll do three so as not to waste it.

Top Bottom