What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The moon was red.

We had a very red sunset here last night but the moon was bright.

This is a pic of a full moon I took years ago somewhere north of La Ronge Saskatchewan. I used a Nikon EM with a 50mm F1.2 Nikkor, tripod and cable release. It was a 2 minute exposure on ISO 100 Kodak film.

Moon and Mist, Northern Sask 2am 1983, 2 min exposure.JPG

Not very good by todays standards. My little Canon auto camera takes better pictures.

IMG_0307.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saturday's shave is accomplished.

9-5-20.FOCS.Vitos.RV.HoldenBeach.640.jpg

My Rudy Vey Shavemac D01 2 band continues to impress me as an effective, enjoyable brush.

RazorBladeSlot(disposal)BathroomCabinet.Beach.2020.640.JPG

Largely to take advantage of this built in razor disposal slot in the medicine cabinet I discarded my blade (after only seven shaves with it).

HyaluronicAcid.@HoldenBeach.2020.480.JPGCremo@Holden.2020.480.JPGAtomicAge.BayRun.@Holden.2020.480.JPG

I lost the top to my bay rum bottle this morning. Looked and looked and looked and couldn't find it. Fortunately, I have a seven year old visitor with better skills and capacities. Highly motivated by a dollar should he locate the top, he made short work of the job so now all is well and I'm a dollar short.

I also have a small and recurrent weeper on my lower lip. Styptic pencil.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Saturday's shave is accomplished.

View attachment 1150553

My Rudy Vey Shavemac D01 2 band continues to impress me as an effective, enjoyable brush.

View attachment 1150554

Largely to take advantage of this built in razor disposal slot in the medicine cabinet I discarded my blade (after only seven shaves with it).

View attachment 1150562View attachment 1150561View attachment 1150560

I lost the top to my bay rum bottle this morning. Looked and looked and looked and couldn't find it. Fortunately, I have a seven year old visitor with better skills and capacities. Highly motivated by a dollar should he locate the top, he made short work of the job so now all is well and I'm a dollar short.

I also have a small and recurrent weeper on my lower lip. Styptic pencil.

Happy shaves,

Jim
A dollar short and an unspilt bottle of bay rum ahead. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
IMG_2009.JPG

Photo, today, Sunday, is not today's photo, but it's today's kit.

Iridum.Super.Tuck.480.8:3:20.JPG

New blade today.

HyaluronicAcid.Cremo.BayRum.480.8-22-20.JPG

Another not current photo. My phone's on the beach (in my beach bag) and I'm not.

Today I paid particular attention to enjoying the building of a good lather. Being in no hurry is
great of course. Generally my lathers are good and I tend to enjoy the process. Still, paying particular attention is nice.

Happy shaves,

Jim

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1151132

Photo, today, Sunday, is not today's photo, but it's today's kit.

View attachment 1151134

New blade today.

View attachment 1151135

Another not current photo. My phone's on the beach (in my beach bag) and I'm not.

Today I paid particular attention to enjoying the building of a good lather. Being in no hurry is
great of course. Generally my lathers are good and I tend to enjoy the process. Still, paying particular attention is nice.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Beautiful view in that top photo my friend!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday my shave was very late, but very good.

9-8-20.RV-D01.Vitos.FOCS.HoldenBeach.640.JPG

I was a guest this morning on a fishing trip. Chartered with a girl guide who was knowledgeable, local her whole life, very outdoorsy, in love with fishing, competent, and charming. Still, we didn't catch fish worth spit. My friend who invited me is a very experienced and skilled fisherman (to hear him tell it). I'm no fisherman at all. We had a great time. It might have been my most enjoyable fishing adventure. The boat was small. We fished mostly in the inland waterway backwaters, but ventured out into the ocean a bit to fish a wreck from the Civil War.

This afternoon we had a little rain, but got some beach time.

I've been using the 26 mm RV D01 2 band knot pretty often for a while. The Shavemac knot is definitely breaking in in my view of it. Very nice knot it is. I like the brush a great deal.

The rest of my kit was simple.
  1. the same HA
  2. the same moisturizer
  3. Beach splash
  4. the same razor blade, flipped.
Happy shaves,

Jim

Tuesday my shave was very late, but very good.

View attachment 1152150

I was a guest this morning on a fishing trip. Chartered with a girl guide who was knowledgeable, local her whole life, very outdoorsy, in love with fishing, competent, and charming. Still, we didn't catch fish worth spit. My friend who invited me is a very experienced and skilled fisherman (to hear him tell it). I'm no fisherman at all. We had a great time. It might have been my most enjoyable fishing adventure. The boat was small. We fished mostly in the inland waterway backwaters, but ventured out into the ocean a bit to fish a wreck from the Civil War.

This afternoon we had a little rain, but got some beach time.

I've been using the 26 mm RV D01 2 band knot pretty often for a while. The Shavemac knot is definitely breaking in in my view of it. Very nice knot it is. I like the brush a great deal.

The rest of my kit was simple.
  1. the same HA
  2. the same moisturizer
  3. Beach splash
  4. the same razor blade, flipped.
Happy shaves,

Jim
You could always tell people the fish caught were as seen below, while holding something in the other hand.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Keep your eyes peeled for PAA's seasonal release of Space Nog! Getting the soap and splash this year...maybe a t-shirt.

Space Nog.jpg

Ain't always easy.

Heads or Tails? Wrong! Head and Tail!

That sorta flies in the face of traditional fishing.

Is that a fish-eating grin she has?

Similar to a "faceplant", but more accurately a "facefish".

Bet she was red in the face after that.

Hard to keep a straight face after watching that.

Top Bottom