What's new

Dallas Pen Show 2018

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The fall pen show is coming soon. Mark your calendars for September 28 & 29 so you don't miss this event.

It has also allowed for us a chance to get together Saturday morning before the show to shake some hands and eat some breakfast. Start the day off right.

Those of you who live in the area but are not interested in fountain pens it is a great occasion to just meet some fellow members.

Post if plan to attend the show this year and if you are interested in a pre-show gathering of the latherers.

I am working MIDs 12 hour shifts this week so I won't be able to make it this year!!! I may try to make a flying trip on Friday before work to see if I can get my Pelikan M400 looked at!!!

Tom

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am working MIDs 12 hour shifts this week so I won't be able to make it this year!!! I may try to make a flying trip on Friday before work to see if I can get my Pelikan M400 looked at!!!

Tom

That’s to bad Tom.

Well I made a flying trip, spent about an hour there. Danny Fudge fixed my green Parker 51 that decided to start leaking last night, so it will return to my pocket as my work EDC next week. I also took my Pelikan M400 to Joel Hamilton to be repaired, he was recommended to me by Danny Fudge. I did buy a bottle of Pelikan 4001 Blue - Black that is the Iron Gall ink. I also saw several of the wonderful people that I met at the Pelikan Hub last Friday! Really wish that I could have looked for a couple of pens that I want.

Tom

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I did not see you Tom. I bought myself some paper and a bottle of plain black ink that I needed. My wife fell in love with a Visconti Rembrandt in Twilight. So that came home with us. She also got several inks.

It was a good show, spent some time visiting with Scott Franklin always fun to catch up with him. Those of you familiar with that company will know Jim Rouse. He passed away back in July.

Sorry to have missed the show this year. Family obligations took precedent. Tom, I had heard the that the 4001 B/B had been reformulated and was no longer iron gall. Hopefully it was just a rumor. Can you confirm that it is still iron gall? Thanks.

I went. Picked up a new Pelikan 800 from Dromgoole’s! Also, wife went and picked out a number of Noodler’s to sketch with. Texas Navy was the complimentary show color this year.

Top Bottom