What's new

Dalan D'Men Shaving Cream from Turkey

I placed an order with Shave A Buck (http://www.shaveabuck.com), which is one of our newer vendors, primarily for the new Sabi Gen Razor (made in Pakistan, see here: My Report of the Sabi Gen), and noticed they stock some shaving cream I have never seen:

proxy.php

Since it was only $8.00 for a pack of three, I decided to give it a whirl. It comes in Sensitive, Cool, and Energetic variations.

Has anyone else ran across this product, or am I pioneer of something new?

I will report a little later in the week, on how it performs.

By the way, shipping was super fast (and free for orders over $30): I ordered early Friday morning, and received it today (Monday)!! :w00t::w00t:

~John~

I was tempted in my last order from there but I have enough shaving cream in the cabinet right now to last me through the next war.

Plus I ordered a tube of Arko instead. :biggrin:

I initially thought that the "Cool" version would be the mentholated cream, but according to the box, it is the Energetic that is mentholated:

Cool = with seaweed extract, and Allantoin
Sensitive= with Guarana extract, and Allantoin
Energetic= with Menthol and Allantoin

I initially thought that the "Cool" version would be the mentholated cream, but according to the box, it is the Energetic that is mentholated:

Cool = with seaweed extract and menthol, and Allantoin

ftfy, according to the website.

The "sensitive" shaving cream with guarana extract looks interesting.

That's what I was thinking especially since I don't like menthol. Guarana contains caffeine which is good for firming the skin (at least so the cosmetics people say).

Dalan Sensitive, First Try

The scent of this cream is very faint, but I think I detect hints of citrus, and sandalwood. The scent is not at all overpowering, and very pleasant. This cream made heaping mounds of luscious lather:

proxy.php

The lather was rich, and creamy, and seemed to do an adequate job in providing cushion from the blade.

I would say this cream is a keeper after the first try, but more testing is surely needed.

~John~

Delan Cool 1st Use:

Decided to try out the Dalan "Cool" version today.

Despite the name, this cream doesn't have menthol.

The box says it has:

Cool = with seaweed extract, and Allantoin.

The site I bought the cream from says:

"Cool = with seaweed extract and menthol, and Allantoin"

If there is Menthol in this cream, it is a very small amount, as I didn't detect it.

I think the scent of this cream is a little different than the "Sensitive", which is surprising, as I thought they would all smell the same.

The scent to me is mild, barely there, and reminiscent of mint.

The cream itself is very good: generates a rich thick lather, and doesn't seem to dissipate very quickly. I can see myself enjoying this cream for quite awhile.

That's what I was thinking especially since I don't like menthol. Guarana contains caffeine which is good for firming the skin (at least so the cosmetics people say).

Caffeine isn't readily absorbed by the skin. So I doubt it's doing anything.

Last edited:
I used the last of the three creams, the Energetic today. The box describes it as:

It supposedly has Menthol, but I don't seem to detect it. If it is there, it's in a very small amount, and nothing like the Menthol blast of Proraso. :thumbdown

The scent of this cream is also different than the other two. It has a fruit scent, that to me is reminiscent of "Fruit Stripe Gum". :drool:

Performance is equal to the other two Delan creams, which is to say it performs quite well, generating an adequate lather, and seeming to provide adequate cushion.

After one go around with each of these creams, I would say they are keepers, but further testing is needed, and my opinion could change with further usage. :biggrin:

~John~

Just thought I would give a little update.

I just posted reviews for the Cool, and Sensitive varieties of this cream. I have decided to use this thread for discussion of the reviews, rather than creating two additional threads about the same thing.

After having used all three creams for the last month or so, I can honestly say, I don't find any difference at all between the three, despite a slightly different formula for each.

All three smell the same, and perform the same as well.

Performance is more than adequate, but this is indeed a budget minded product. For the price it's well worth buying, especially if you are a budget minded wet shaver, or if you just happen to love the smell of "Fruit Stripe Gum". :laugh::laugh::thumbup1:

Top Bottom