What's new

Daisy Cakes

Toothpick

TACO HOUND
Anyone ever order cakes online? I just placed an order for 2 cakes from Daisy Cakes - Daisy Cakes - As Seen On Shark Tank - Share a Slice of Love - https://www.ilovedaisycakes.com/

Watching an old episode of Shark Tank, enjoying a few brews, got the munchies, thought MMmmm those look good....

I got the Carrot Cake and the Coconut Cake. 2 of my favorites.

Completely unsure what to expect since this is my first experience ordering cakes online.

Expect they will be here next week sometime.

TexLaw

Contributor
I'm interested to hear how it goes. However, I have a great bakery right by my house, so I'll probably stick with them.

martym

Contributor
Anyone ever order cakes online? I just placed an order for 2 cakes from Daisy Cakes - Daisy Cakes - As Seen On Shark Tank - Share a Slice of Love - https://www.ilovedaisycakes.com/

Watching an old episode of Shark Tank, enjoying a few brews, got the munchies, thought MMmmm those look good....

I got the Carrot Cake and the Coconut Cake. 2 of my favorites.

Completely unsure what to expect since this is my first experience ordering cakes online.

Expect they will be here next week sometime.
If you like pies order from Julian Pie Company in Julian, California.
Some pretty darn good pies.

Toothpick

TACO HOUND
Should be here around Feb. 10 they say. 2 weeks for cakes! Already my chances of a re-order are slim.

$60-70 USD for a shipped cake that won't be fresh when it arrives ...I'll pass

I'd rather supper a local Baker and have it freshly made that morning, for 1/3 the price.

Alacrity59

Moderator Emeritus
Somewhere around October check out the Collin Street Bakery for Christmas Fruitcake. If you like it. I like it but my wife will happily pick the nuts and stuff from the top.

DCRIII

Contributor
$60-70 USD for a shipped cake that won't be fresh when it arrives ...I'll pass

I'd rather supper a local Baker and have it freshly made that morning, for 1/3 the price.
Or bake them myself. Made from scratch cake ingredients are pretty cheap.

Alacrity59

Moderator Emeritus
I have never had a fruit cake....

Ha . . . try one try one you will see. (silly Cat in Hat reference) Fruit Cake was how really good stuff was preserved through the winter before refrigeration. Not everybody likes them. . . . kinda a 50/50 thing . . .and if you don't like them you regift them.

ajkel64

Fruitcakes are wonderful. Light or dark it makes no difference to me. Even iced fruitcakes at Christmas I enjoy.

KeenDogg

Social Media Guru
Contributor
Ambassador
Somewhere around October check out the Collin Street Bakery for Christmas Fruitcake. If you like it. I like it but my wife will happily pick the nuts and stuff from the top.
Been eating them for almost 40 years. My Grandfather would send us one at Christmas every year. They give fruitcake a good name. First person I've seen here, besides myself that loves them. Awesome. @Toothpick if you happen to try fruitcake, let it be this one. You may be put off by any store bought offering.

TexLaw

Contributor
Like @KeenDogg, my grandparents would send one to all family members. I'd dose mine with Grand Marnier. Whenever anyone in the family would bring cookies to an event, they always were in a Collins Street Bakery tin.

It was very odd when one didn't arrive after my grandmother passed.

I haven't been over to the original bakery in years, but I still stop in the satellites both in Corsicana and Waco, as they both are Tesla supercharger sites.

KeenDogg

Social Media Guru
Contributor
Ambassador
Like @KeenDogg, my grandparents would send one to all family members. I'd dose mine with Grand Marnier. Whenever anyone in the family would bring cookies to an event, they always were in a Collins Street Bakery tin.

It was very odd when one didn't arrive after my grandmother passed.

I haven't been over to the original bakery in years, but I still stop in the satellites both in Corsicana and Waco, as they both are Tesla supercharger sites.
Im glad I dont live close! I've never added anything to them. Maybe Ill try one of these days.