What's new

Daily Razor Cleaning

What is your method of cleaning soap residue from a razor you use every day?

Do you let it build up and finally hit with Scrubbin' Bubbles? Or is rubbing alcohol the best thing to use?

I have searched for this on the forum and not found anything.

I'm in the habit of changing blades about two times a week. I just pull the old blade out, spray with Scrubbing Bubbles and leave for a few minutes. Then I rinse, dry and place new blade.

Ready for next shave.

+1 on the Scrubbing Bubbles. I spray my HD (my daily work horse) once every other week. Let it sit a few minutes, rinse and it looks as new as the day I got it

Does anyone know the UK equivalent product (if there is one) of "Scrubbing Bubbles"? And if there is none, does anyone else this side have a quick-clean alternative?

IanS

Does anyone know the UK equivalent product (if there is one) of "Scrubbing Bubbles"? And if there is none, does anyone else this side have a quick-clean alternative?

IanS

What you are looking for is a self foaming cleaning product.

rinse it daily with hot running water post shave. between blades I hit it with a couple squirts of bathroom cleaner, and old tooth brush and hot water rinse. dry and a new blade and it is good to go.

mike

I wipe the razor down with a towel after every use - between blade changes I'll give all the pieces a good wipe (I generally use 2 or 3 piece razors) with a towel and nothing more. If I do happen to be using a TTO, I'll give the inside of a head a light scrub with an old toothbrush.

I really don't see the need to use chemical cleaners on a regular basis - its just soap residue (for me anyhow - I'm assuming that's the case for others as well...).

Hot water and a toothbrush to get all the gook off.
Dunk in rubbing alcohol and into my dry rack (pewter toothbrush holder).
Thats it.

I've been wiping the residue off with a couple Q-tips, but now that I know others leave the residue on for longer than a day (and therefore I have some peace of mind I'm not ruining my razor), I think I'll switch to Scrubbing Bubbles once per week.

I find that running the razor under really hot water for 20 seconds or so after each shave gets pretty well all the soap off. Every few months I put my razors in an ultrasonic cleaner with some washing up liquid and they come out looking like new.
Cheers,
Martin :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    763.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 24