What's new

Dad's restored shaving brush

This is my dad's Ever-Ready C-40 that he got back in the 70s when he was a teenager I had my mom sneak it to my house and I fully restored it. Polished the handle, drilled out and slightly enlarged the opening with a rotary tool to accommodate the 22mm synthetic knot. I then weighted the handle a bit using coins and epoxy to hold them in place. All that was left to do after that was place the new knot and let the epoxy adhere! I gifted it to him last night and he could not have been more thrilled! I also have a c40 that I got off of ebay and restored so father and son now have matching brushes.
20211113_175020.jpg

Nice job and nice surprise for your dad.

I presume the original knot was boar. What does your dad think of the synthetic knot?

linty1

My wallet cries.
This is cool and something I had tried in the past but failed at, I'm glad it worked out for you, looks great!

Awesome job - restoring a worn out brush, gives it new life!
I have restored a couple EveryReadys and others and to me they are fine brushes with a new lease on life.
Again, very nice restoration and I'm sure your Dad will enjoy it.

Awesome job - restoring a worn out brush, gives it new life!
I have restored a couple EveryReadys and others and to me they are fine brushes with a new lease on life.
Again, very nice restoration and I'm sure your Dad will enjoy it.
Yes they are very nice brushes and can be found on ebay for less then $20! a little work and a little patience and you've got a fine brush that will last a very long time

This is my dad's Ever-Ready C-40 that he got back in the 70s when he was a teenager I had my mom sneak it to my house and I fully restored it. Polished the handle, drilled out and slightly enlarged the opening with a rotary tool to accommodate the 22mm synthetic knot. I then weighted the handle a bit using coins and epoxy to hold them in place. All that was left to do after that was place the new knot and let the epoxy adhere! I gifted it to him last night and he could not have been more thrilled! I also have a c40 that I got off of ebay and restored so father and son now have matching brushes.
View attachment 1383646
That is a great gift, awsome job!

Top Bottom