What's new

D.R Harris tallow soap

A couple days ago I shaved my legs with D R Harris Lavender tallow soap that my boyfriend lent me. I must say I got an amazing shave with it, and it felt moisturizing on my legs (perhaps not as much as MWF) but very nice overall. Also, I noticed the scent of the lavender is very subtle and not overbearing. Anyone else try D R Harris and have any opinions on it? :thumbup1:

I have DR Harris Arlington, Lavender and Marlborough and love them all. Will have to pick up Almond in the future. One of the only soap companies where I want all the scents!

Hopefully they don't reformulate, but I should pick up some backup pucks in case....:lol:

Harris lavender is a great soap.

The Marlborough irritated my face for some reason; I presume it was one of the fragrance ingredients.

I have all the flavors. Very nice stuff, super easy to lather, not the most cushiony in the world but gets the job done, looks like it will last forever - my pucks are going to last me years.

I hated the stuff for the longest time, but I kept coming back to it because everyone says how great it is and the scents are quite nice. It took me a while to learn how to properly lather DR Harris (and MWF), but the effort was worth it. DR Harris provides a great shave.

I hated the stuff for the longest time, but I kept coming back to it because everyone says how great it is and the scents are quite nice. It took me a while to learn how to properly lather DR Harris (and MWF), but the effort was worth it. DR Harris provides a great shave.

Mine experience also. Super bright lavender scent, so-so performance. I could not figure out why it was so popular. I mix it extra thick with little water with some elbow. It find it better than Trumper though.

I just picked up the Almond (another fantastic and totally different scent), and still am left wanting. Just not my favorite in performance.

For lavender, I like C&Speake Oxford these days. My lady loves Taubla Rasa lavender cream also.

Last edited:
I got my first taste of D.R. in the Arlington shave stick pass. I didn't care for the scent, but it could have been due to the 3 feet of snow on the ground and sub-zero temps at the time. The performance, however, led me to buy a puck of Lavender and Marlborough. I still don't know if I like the Marlborough scent, but Lavender is out of sight. I have a feeling that it's just a matter of time before I collect the entire soap line.

What he said! A permanent in my rotation now...prefer Marlborough to Arlington but thats just a scent thing.

Mine experience also. Super bright lavender scent, so-so performance. I could not figure out why it was so popular. I mix it extra thick with little water with some elbow. It find it better than Trumper though.

I just picked up the Almond (another fantastic and totally different scent), and still am left wanting. Just not my favorite in performance.

For lavender, I like C&Speake Oxford these days. My lady loves Taubla Rasa lavender cream also.

I've similar experience, I like the scents, but for performance there are a lot of better soaps out there.

I just love how the soap itself again performs well and smells great, it's definitely one I will purchase for myself in the future.

Top Bottom