What's new

D.R. Harris shampoo bar

I generally like shampoo bars and have come to really like the DR Harris shampoo bars. I have the Arlington, Windsor, and coconut scents. Their performance is wonderful and probably the best shampoo bars I’ve used.

I haven’t regularly used ‘regular’ liquid shampoo for several years now and don’t see any reason to ever go back. These bars have superb performance first and foremost, but they also travel well which is a bonus. They can do double duty as a body soap if needed and I’ve even shaved with them in a pinch.

The scents aren’t very strong, which is ok with me, and they last much longer than you would think looking at their size.

In short, I highly recommend them!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I generally like shampoo bars and have come to really like the DR Harris shampoo bars. I have the Arlington, Windsor, and coconut scents. Their performance is wonderful and probably the best shampoo bars I’ve used.

I haven’t regularly used ‘regular’ liquid shampoo for several years now and don’t see any reason to ever go back. These bars have superb performance first and foremost, but they also travel well which is a bonus. They can do double duty as a body soap if needed and I’ve even shaved with them in a pinch.

The scents aren’t very strong, which is ok with me, and they last much longer than you would think looking at their size.

In short, I highly recommend them!
Thank you! I’ve been using Sudsy Soapery shampoo bars for a couple years. I will check these out!

Reactions: ike

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have used Long Rifle Shampoo Bar in the past and I quite liked using the shampoo bars in the end. The first couple of times I couldn’t dial in how much to use to lather up but when you do they work well.

I recently started using Wet Shaving Products Tea Tree shampoo bar. The Tea Tree scent is a bit strong, but not overwhelming. I get excellent results with it and plan on buying more.

Huh. I've never heard of a shampoo bar before. How long do they last? I wouldn't pay >$20 for a regular bottle of shampoo.

I completely agree Ike. I have the same shampoo bars you use along with a DR Harris one called "Ocean". That's my favorite so far. Mine last at least a couple of months. I switch those around with the Ogallala shampoo bars (I think they have like 6 different Bay Rum scents). I haven't used a bottled shampoo in years. Thanks for posting this. Good to know there's another one like me out there. Hope you are having a great weekend. - Tom

I completely agree Ike. I have the same shampoo bars you use along with a DR Harris one called "Ocean". That's my favorite so far. Mine last at least a couple of months. I switch those around with the Ogallala shampoo bars (I think they have like 6 different Bay Rum scents). I haven't used a bottled shampoo in years. Thanks for posting this. Good to know there's another one like me out there. Hope you are having a great weekend. - Tom
So I just watched a video on using a shampoo bar, and the woman said you really have to rinse well, more than bottle shampoos, otherwise the oils from the bar will build up in your hair. From what I gathered, these bars are mostly oil. Is that right?

Hi Dominic. I honestly have no idea. I just know they do a great job with my hair (I have thick, wavy hair) and it keeps it under control better than the usual bottled big boy shampoos. I should say I also Truefitt & Hill hair lotion on bad days. But in general, I don't find myself spending an inordinate amount of time rinsing. Sorry, I can't directly answer your question.

So I just watched a video on using a shampoo bar, and the woman said you really have to rinse well, more than bottle shampoos, otherwise the oils from the bar will build up in your hair. From what I gathered, these bars are mostly oil. Is that right?

Soap-based shampoo bars tend to leave soap residue (remedied by acid, e.g. vinegar).

The D. R. Harris shampoo bar isn't soap-based, so not an issue.

Klar's shampoo bar (not soap-based) is great too.

The JR Liggett’s shampoo bars are pretty good As well. I can’t leave the lather on my head long as it does start to burn a bit.

Tom,

Thanks! And, yes, I’ve had the Ocean as well and liked it very much.

Cheers,

Top Bottom