What's new

D.R. Harris "Pick me Up"...???

I was browsing the Harris website a few days ago and noticed this old elixir. Does anyone have any more info on it? A curiosity, to be sure, and it has my interest up. I have NO CLUE what is in this stuff......anyone?

Jeff

threeputt said:
I was browsing the Harris website a few days ago and noticed this old elixir. Does anyone have any more info on it? A curiosity, to be sure, and it has my interest up. I have NO CLUE what is in this stuff......anyone?

Jeff
A "Health" tonic. This sort of thing was the vogue around the time of its development. Probably good for treatment of dyspepsia, chillblains, et al.:smile:

No idea as to the ingredients? I heard a rumor that there's a bit of ammonia for "kick". Not too keen on that idea. I mean, it IS a recipe from 1850... Still, that's the attraction for me. The 1850 part, not the ammonia part :)

Jeff

threeputt said:
No idea as to the ingredients? I heard a rumor that there's a bit of ammonia for "kick". Not too keen on that idea. I mean, it IS a recipe from 1850... Still, that's the attraction for me. The 1850 part, not the ammonia part :)

Jeff
I find it disconcerting to think of drinking "free" ammonia.. I know there are some usage caveats at the D. R. Harris web site, but .... Arggghhhhh.. Not ammonia..

Ron, I agree. That's another reason why I think that rumor may be unfounded. Sure wish Harris would answer my email query.

Jeff

Yeah Jeff I am extremely impressed by their shave soap and am anxious to dive into other products by them. As a matter of fact, I was getting a shopping list together when I stumbled across the Pick Me Up. I would've ordered a bag 'o goodies already had they answered me about the elixir! I may toss a bottle in anyway, getting tired of waiting HAH! I plan on buying the Pink A/S and a bottle of the milk for sure along with a couple of extra soap cakes.

Jeff

Top Bottom