What's new

D.R. Harris Lavender

Can anyone tell me how lavendery this soap is supposed to be? I just received a puck and quite frankly, I can't tell that it is a lavender soap. In fact, the soap barely has any scent at all. Just wondered if this is normal. Thanks.

I actually think of it as a much more muted Arlington, with a bit of soapy lavender scent. It's my preferred warm-weather DRH soap.

Got theDr. Harris lavender stick only yesterday. It smells quite strong of English Lavender. Plan to shave with tomorrow morning.

The soap has a very light lavender scent which is one reason I like it. If I want more lavender I make a super lather with QCS lavender cream. Bur the Harris soap on it's own is a great performer!

I just got a puck last week, can't even tell it's lavender. Good lather for sure, but was hoping for an actual lavender scent.

I love the D.R.Harris brand, and love their soaps especially, but lavender? Pretty vivid imagination needed here! But whatever the scent, there is no denying the wonderful performance it, and all their other soaps, provide!:thumbup1:

I've found that the more you use a DR Harris soap, the scent opens up some.
Almost like the scent has evaporated from the outer shell part of the puck, but once you break thru the shell, the scent comes back.
The lavender is not particularly strong anyway, but it my experience, you can definitely tell it's lavender.

Just used my well-used, almost gone puck of D.R. Harris lavender again this morning. A light scent, nicely sweet, with wonderful lather! My favorite!

I have read (always the most trustworthy comments....:001_rolle , I know) that lavender scents evaporate pretty fast from a soap so maybe they were on the shelf too long before it reached your den?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Possibly. The puck was just in a box with no wrapping on the box or the soap.

that's odd- I ordered my Arlington in a bowl, and the puck was shrink wrapped. In fact, it was shrink wrapped so well I almost didn't notice it :biggrin:

Yup, a great performer.......... but not the best lavender scent on the market. You should find that it provides fantastic shaving in any case!

Top Bottom