What's new

D.R. Harris Lathering Question

I have and enjoy both D.R. Harris lavender and D.R. Harris almond shaving soaps. I have been noticing that they seem to differ in lathering qualities. The almond seems decidedly easier to lather, and I get a more dense lather from it than I do the lavender. Was wondering if anyone else notices a difference between the D.R. Harris soaps, and how the Windsor or sandalwood versions may compare. Thinking about trying something new to me.

Sir jon parker, i also enjoy my DRH soaps, great stuff!
Indeed there might be slight lathering variances from one to another, but, IMHO, not significant!
As a wet shaving community, we're fortunate to have DRH's range of tallow-based hard soaps!

harris soaps.jpg

Are both pucks the same formula?

They reformulated a few years back and made tallow the first ingredient.

I find it slightly easier to use than the previous formula, but not by much.
I did not check the boxes, but both are very new refill pucks. So I would guess they are both the latest formula.

I did not check the boxes, but both are very new refill pucks. So I would guess they are both the latest formula.

I have all the other DRH pucks (recently sold Marlborough as the scent didn't suit me). I'll be adding almond and lavender later this year.

I'll keep in mind to check for any differences in lathering.

Newer formula is even good and sense no difference. I prefer Windsor with its gorgeous scent and protective cushion is also amazing (better than MWF but in terms of after shave feel MWF is still on top)😉

Top Bottom