What's new

D.R. Harris in a wooden bowl.

Had the bowl w/Marlborough about 5 or 6 years ago. Loved the performance and the scent but wasn't thrilled with the bowl. By the time the soap was done the lid had warped a little and the finish on the entire bowl was pretty much rubbed off. I still have it, and it's usable, but If I get a replacement puck I think I'll just use it in one of my big porcelain mugs with the handle. More efficient and not as messy as the little bowl anyway.

I agree.
I get neither smoke or ash.
I get a strong punch of cedar, and I love it!
In fact, my puck scent is so strong, I'm thinking of leaving it open for it to mellow a little.

That sounds like my experience. I got no tobacco or ash scent (which is good because I don't like those anyway) but a strong WOOD fragrance. You are right about the cedar and I believe the rest is sandalwood. GREAT scent - timeless.

Marlboroughvember is one participation thread id actually join in on!!!!

camo
Count me in for a Marlboroughvember 2020!
Have been a proud owner of the shaving cream for 6 years. Bought a tube first as I wasn’t sure I’d like the smell. I love it!

If I can get a little off topic - has anyone tried the Marlborough After Shave? If so, is it EXACTLY like the soap fragrance or "not exactly"? Don't want to take a chance if it's not really the same.

The (splash) menthol gives the scent a twist. Otherwise, there's no appreciable difference, in terms of underlying Marlborough parfum, ime.

(OTOH, the cream differs from the puck, somewhat. The cream has just one scent ingredient: alpha-isomethyl ionone.)

Top Bottom