What's new

D.R. Harris Arlington

Ok gents, I have a birthday coming up next week and fathers' day soon to follow. I am thinking that I want to have my adoring :rolleyes: children to get me some D.R. Harris Arlington based totally on the glowing praise of the members here. However, I haven't yet smelled it. Do any of you guys know where I can get my hands on a sample? I would probably do the AS and EDC/EDT whatever is available. I think Jim posted a pic once with that setup that just made me think it would be a nice addition to my den. Thanks for the help!

Have you tried contacting D.R. Harris? (This is not meant as an insultingly obvious piece of advice; I'm curious if they provide samples.)

Have you tried contacting D.R. Harris? (This is not meant as an insultingly obvious piece of advice; I'm curious if they provide samples.)

HOW DARE YOU??!?!!! :mad: :lol::lol::lol:

No, but I did think about contacting Shaving Essentials. They are very generous with samples, but I was hoping that someone had samples or knew a good resource before I asked them.:tongue_sm

HOW DARE YOU??!?!!! :mad: :lol::lol::lol:

No, but I did think about contacting Shaving Essentials. They are very generous with samples, but I was hoping that someone had samples or knew a good resource before I asked them.:tongue_sm

I just bought my sample from the Shave Den a little while back. It's available here; http://www.theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=73

As for the smell, if you're familiar with fern scent, I'll save you the time of ordering a sample. At first the puck is too strong with citrus top notes and a strong fern base, but gradually becomes more refined as the fern starts to dominate while subtly maintaining that strong citrus scent. Bottom line, it's fern and citrus. If you like fern and citrus, you'll fall in love with this, and if you're not sure if you do, you'll fall in love with this.

Paul,

I believe EF is a very mild smelling soap. Good, but not as strong as that EF you have on the way from Pens...

Get it.

The scent is in no way overpowering, and is fresh and pleasant, especially nice and Spring & Summery in its aroma.

It also just happens to lather and cushion like a champ!

D.R. Harris provides shaving cream and cologne samples free of charge if you email them.

When I asked for shaving samples, they sent me small containers with enough Arlington, Almond, Lavender, and Marlborough shaving cream for two shaves each; two pouches with Arlington and Marlborough cologne infused towelettes; and a catalog.

I just bought my sample from the Shave Den a little while back. It's available here; http://www.theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=73

As for the smell, if you're familiar with fern scent, I'll save you the time of ordering a sample. At first the puck is too strong with citrus top notes and a strong fern base, but gradually becomes more refined as the fern starts to dominate while subtly maintaining that strong citrus scent. Bottom line, it's fern and citrus. If you like fern and citrus, you'll fall in love with this, and if you're not sure if you do, you'll fall in love with this.

Paul,

I believe EF is a very mild smelling soap. Good, but not as strong as that EF you have on the way from Pens...

Get it.

The scent is in no way overpowering, and is fresh and pleasant, especially nice and Spring & Summery in its aroma.

It also just happens to lather and cushion like a champ!

thanks for the tips guys. I guess I'll get it, and add the AS and EDT/C if I find that I really like it. It sounds like a really nice "summer" scent

The Arlington soap and the AS have been a staple for me for years, Paul. I've also used the Cologne (but I recommend the spray if you can get it).

You won't be disappointed. Arlington along with DR Harris Lavender soap and EDT have been the "bulk" of my rotation for a LONG time. I've only recently explored other options (to satisfy the various AD's out there).

Good luck and enjoy!

~Paul

D.R. Harris provides shaving cream and cologne samples free of charge if you email them.

When I asked for shaving samples, they sent me small containers with enough Arlington, Almond, Lavender, and Marlborough shaving cream for two shaves each; two pouches with Arlington and Marlborough cologne infused towelettes; and a catalog.

who did you ask? D.R. Harris or a vendor?

Top Bottom