What's new

D R Harris Arlington-There is Life Beyond the 3T's

Greetings Lather Fans,
Just on the off chance that one of you might be contemplating the purchase of D R Harris' Arlington soap, I thought I would post my first day experience with it. One simple word, JOY! Yes joy for the the lather, the fragrance, the efficacy, the entire experience. Below is my favorite performance shot, a brush after 4 passes at the old visage.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,
For what it is worth - I think DR Harris Almond might be the best shaving soap out thereas far as scent, lather, efficacy, etc. QED, DR Harris, T&H, and Tabac are all so good it is hard to compare them to one another!

joel said:
Ron,
For what it is worth - I think DR Harris Almond might be the best shaving soap out thereas far as scent, lather, efficacy, etc. QED, DR Harris, T&H, and Tabac are all so good it is hard to compare them to one another!
Hi Joel,
You may wish to add Kent to that list. Their soap is also a real performer with a mild but extremely pleasant scent. I have so many really great soaps that I have difficulty selecting one on any one day. :blushing:

IWC-Lover said:
Thanks Ron, very nice indeed. Now if we can only lobby Charles to carry the Harris hard soaps.... :smile:
Greetings IWC_Lover,
Charles does carry some of the D R Harris products, but which ranges I am not sure. I believe that the twist of an email arm would be adequate to get a desired product ordered. Worth a try at any rate as it is always pleasant communicating with Charles.

i love the arlington, however i use the cream in a tub. it is spectacular in lathering and smell. like a very light 1805.

-todd

Rik said:
Greetings Ron,
You've convinced me. I'll have to give it a try.

Rik- let us know how it goes. I've been waiting to pull the trigger Harris soap/milk, but have shyed b/c of the import situation.

If not Charles, does anyone sell it stateside? It seems like some folks have strictly the Arlington line, but not standard Aftershave Milk, or vice versa..

atnight said:
Rik- let us know how it goes. I've been waiting to pull the trigger Harris soap/milk, but have shyed b/c of the import situation.

If not Charles, does anyone sell it stateside? It seems like some folks have strictly the Arlington line, but not standard Aftershave Milk, or vice versa..

What's the import situation? I get my Harris from Green Pond.

Thanks guys-

it appears that neither of these retailers have the standard Aftershave Milk pictured, but only the Arlington... This is what I'm talking about. Should I just skip the standard and pick up the Arlington?

Either way, both do have the Almond soap I'm after..

atnight said:
Thanks guys-

it appears that neither of these retailers have the standard Aftershave Milk pictured, but only the Arlington... This is what I'm talking about. Should I just skip the standard and pick up the Arlington?

Enchante does carry the AS Milk. That's where I get mine. You may need to call them directly.

Or you could save a couple of bucks and get the Green Pond A/S. Same stuff different label. Unless you're after a rose scented product.

atnight said:
Thanks guys-

Ahem, harumph...:rolleyes5 You could always call Cambridge Chemists in Manhattan.. Probably no more overpriced than some of the alternatives..

Thanks again for all the choices. I'd still rather get it from Charles and make it one-stop shopping. I'm also a little put off by how Enchante raises the shipping tally significantly with how much you purchase. I realize I'm not paying sales tax, but it seems a little steep nonetheless. Either way, I'll figure somethin out here (post Xmas, most likely) to get my fix. Again, I truly appreciate everyone for chipping in their select locales for Harris goods. This certainly is the friendliest and most helpful board of which I am a member.

Dick Danger said:
Or you could save a couple of bucks and get the Green Pond A/S. Same stuff different label. Unless you're after a rose scented product.

Y'know I'm not after a rose scented product. This looks interesting- fragrance free, I know, but that does it mean it doesn't have a scent, right? What does it smell like, if anything?

And while I'm asking, is the "light citrus notes with fern" description accurate for the Harris Arlington range?

thx in advance.

atnight said:
Y'know I'm not after a rose scented product. This looks interesting- fragrance free, I know, but that does it mean it doesn't have a scent, right? What does it smell like, if anything?

And while I'm asking, is the "light citrus notes with fern" description accurate for the Harris Arlington range?

thx in advance.
I would describe Arlington as "powdery citrus" if that makes any sense. Better than "lemon pledge" which was Rik's description. :scared:

Top Bottom