What's new

D.R. Harris Arlington....... any fans?

I ordered a couple of products from Harris a little while ago and they were kind enough to include very small samples of both Arlington and Marlborough in my shipment. While I liked both, the Arlington appealed to me more as something suitable for the warmer weather ahead. I am considering buying the Shave Cream, AS Splash and Cologne.
Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I'm a big fan of D R Harris. Have the Arlington shaving soap and the citrus/fern scent is just out of this world. Definitely my favourite in the range by a long way. Can't comment on the cologne but I too was contemplating the purchase.
Should be ideally suited to warmer climates but I wouldn't deny it's use all year round if the soap is anything to go by.

David

I'm a big fan of Arlington. Want to try the Marlboro in the future...after I financially rebuild from my first case of RAD. The Arlington is great though. Very classy, clean scent. I don't know about the longevity of the scent though and hopefully someone will be able to cover that for you.

I love Arlington too. It's a very nice scent, although it is not my best performing soap. I have the aftershave splash. It's great and has a staying power of about 6 hours on my person. The scent of the AS is a bit more citrusy than the shaving soap. I don't have the cologne.

Someone (don't remember how) mentioned that Provence Sante Green Tea soap has almost the same scent as Arlington. Is this true? :confused1

Last edited:
Arlington AS is my favorite splash. One of those can't go wrong splashes. I think there is a review of it posted.

I love Arlington too. It's a very nice scent, although it is not my best performing soap. I have the aftershave splash. It's great and has a staying power of about 6 hours on my person. The scent of the AS is a bit more citrusy than the shaving soap. I don't have the cologne.

Someone (don't remember how) mentioned that Provence Sante Green Tea soap has almost the same scent as Arlington. Is this true? :confused1

Not in my opinion. I have and use both regularly. The Green Tea is very fresh, clean, and just a touch powdery. Arlington comes on fresh and clean with the citrus blast up front which quickly dries down to a subtle fougere/fern type scent. Arlington seems a bit deeper to me. If that makes any sense. To say they are almost identical is not accurate to my nose. But man, this stuff varies so much...

Regards, Todd

Not in my opinion. I have and use both regularly. The Green Tea is very fresh, clean, and just a touch powdery. Arlington comes on fresh and clean with the citrus blast up front which quickly dries down to a subtle fougere/fern type scent. Arlington seems a bit deeper to me. If that makes any sense. To say they are almost identical is not accurate to my nose. But man, this stuff varies so much...

Regards, Todd

Thanks for the info.

It's possible that I'll be a proud owner of Provence Sante Green Tea in the near future. :lol:

Love the stuff. Great scent. I'm having success bowl lathering with it, but face lathering seems to be a little tricky - a fully loaded brush only seems to last for a pass and a half. That being said, probably my issues, not the soap...enjoy!

I really like the cologne. I only wish that is hung around more. The scent is on the faint side to begin with and it doesn't last very long on me. But while the scent is there, it is great!

And I'm with Todd on the comparison to Provence Sante Green Tea. It is very different than Arlington.

I am a big fan of Marlboro cologne - by far it has garnered the most compliments of any cologne I have worn - all from lovely women of course! It starts off clean , grassy and woody smelling and dulls down to a nice cedar scent and sticks around most of the day. I'll be trying the soap next.

Thank you "Enablers"! :wink2:

It looks as if the Arlington will go into my shopping cart!

I have been a huge fan of Arlington for years.
Ordered Marlboro without a test and did not like it at all - gave it away in fact.
It is interesting how one person's favorite can be an others least favorite.

I am a big fan of Marlboro cologne - by far it has garnered the most compliments of any cologne I have worn - all from lovely women of course! It starts off clean , grassy and woody smelling and dulls down to a nice cedar scent and sticks around most of the day. I'll be trying the soap next.

Didn't think I'd like the soap but it's a real winner with me. I prefer the Arlington to Marlborough but it runs a close second in my book.

David

Another Arlington guy here. I used the soap often and it's definitely top 5 on lather and scent... The solid reviews on the AS already has me with it in my "cart" along with the Gentleman's Best stuff from another thread. Enablers, indeed!

Arlington splash is my go to aftershave. The scent is light and crisp. A very lemony and somewhat floral British take on the traditional cologne water.

I like the citrus/fern thing Arlington has going for it. The splash has average staying power, but it is under-stated. None of the Harris stuff I have tried announces my arrival, and I think that is a feature and not a flaw. I am anxious to try the Arlington cologne. Arlington AS persists on my mug as long as Marlborough AS, but the Marlborough cologne notches it up a bit, yet stays subtle. The Sandalwood is my favorite. It miraculously soothes irritation leaving my skin feeling healed and smelling great all day long. I am a believer in DR Harris stuff. I would like to try Mayfair, Albany, Traditional, Classic, etc.

Top Bottom