What's new

D-I-Y Shaving Brush Travel Tube

So here's the dilemma, I'm going to Cuba in May with my bride and although I have a goatee I still want to shave my head and the rest of my face. I've been looking on line for an inexpensive travel tube but the shops either don't ship to Canada or the bloody thing costs an arm and a leg.

Just wondering if anyone on this site has made their own travel tube and can relate their methods?

Dale

I actually use an empty medication container. Drilled some holes in the top to allow airflow and it works perfectly.

A paper towel tube works fine unless you have a huge brush. If your wanting something hard sided. PVC tubing with snug endcaps.

Gifts & Care has a couple inexpensive "round protective brush tubes" similar to the old Muehle travel tubes.

Yes, medication containers are available in a multitude of sizes.
D2761E5A-AE05-4DB2-9A60-FEAA061E1A6D.jpeg

This one works well with many of my barber handle brushes. Also, that is an Elmer’s Glue Stick that was repurposed and loaded with Mr. Taylor’s ToOBS. This combo does not need a bowl, just simple fade lathering.

Yes, medication containers are available in a multitude of sizes.
View attachment 969050

This one works well with many of my barber handle brushes. Also, that is an Elmer’s Glue Stick that was repurposed and loaded with Mr. Taylor’s ToOBS. This combo does not need a bowl, just simple fade lathering.

I wouldn't travel with that razor or brush! Both look to nice to loose. I guess carry-on might be OK. :)

As others have said, medicine containers work great. I just asked at my pharmacy counter and they were happy to help. Even gave me an assortment of sizes to make sure I had one that worked.

Take your brush to any larger pharmacy. They have med containers in every size.

I'd be surprised if they charged you for one.

Thanks guys. I was thinking about the pill bottles but I wasn't sure if pharmacies would hand them out.

Dale

If you are traveling to Cuba, I would suggest that you purchase an inexpensive synthetic brush for the trip. Unlike Canada, Cuba will be hot and humid in May making it likely that your shaving brush will stay damp and possibly mildew.

Synthetic brushes do not absorb water into the fibers, so they dry more quickly. Also, you do not want to take a chance of losing or damaging a favorite brush. Top of the Chain sells Yaqi brushes and Italian Barber sells RazoRock brushes. You might want to purchase a brush with a smaller knot size and shorter handle to be easier to store in your luggage.

In a pinch, you can store your brush in the cardboard tube inside a roll of towel paper or toilet paper. It won't be crush proof, but it will absorb moisture from the brush.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I use a pill bottle with a few holes drilled into it. If you don’t have any, a pharmacist will give you one in the size you need.

I have some synthetic shaving brushes that are on the large size. I put those in vitamin pill containers and drill some holes in the cap.

Top Bottom