What's new

Czech & Speake no.88

Well,

I just bit the bullet and ordered a full bottle of the spray EdT plus their shaving soap refill (GULP!) $149.95 shipped :eek:

However, as much positive reaction as I get to this, it's about to take the place of my beloved B&B cologne (which also gets some "good press!")

I have a puck on the way, Drew. I'll report back one it gets here and I've had a few shaves with it.

Certainly - at it's premium price I will NOT be cutting this wonderful smelling soap any slack...:001_unsur

I'm anxious to hear if the Shaving Soap is ultra-concentrated scent-wise, or a more subtle version of the scent? I think the scent in general is fairly overpowering.

I have a decant of it available if anyone is interested? I also have an extra decant of LP #9, and Opus 1870 if those float your boat.

I just got a small decant of this scent in tonight.

Ok....

Open the cap.

A gentle wave under the nose.

Deep inhale...

Oh, my Jiminey Cricket.... So, this is what heaven smells like.

I swear that 10 minutes later I am still picking up whiffs of this scent.

While I generally abhor Sandalwood and "incense-like" scents, I make an exception for the C&S: 88. The reviews just don't do this fragrance justice. I truly think that words just can't convey the enormous undertones of this scent.

Dark while light? Yes.

Heavy while lofty? Yes

Dressy while casual? Yes

This scent is the most complex fragrance that I have ever smelled and one that is enormously enjoyable as well.

-joedy

It's interesting you've mentioned a "magic shop". I actually do a bit of magic myself and thus have spent some time in some shops. Perhaps more time then I should... :biggrin: I don't know what shops you refering to, but I do know of one that does have a scent VERY close to this in their air... It's because of the incense they burn.

Oddly enough, it's the same incense I have burned at home on frequent occasions.

It can be had a Spencer's Gifts of all places. It comes in a gold cardbord package (stick incense) and is charcoal based. It's made by "Gonesh" incense. The particular fragrance is "No. 8 Perfumes of a Spring Mist".

I LOVE this incense... Imagine my surprise when I spray this C&S 88, which from all the descriptions I was thinking may become my new favorite cologne, only to find out it's almost EXACTLY the same scent as this incense! :biggrin: Needless to say, I love it as well, and I'm now going to have to buy a full size bottle of it... ;)

So if your wondering what this stuff smells like, go swing by spencer's or any other place that sells Gonesh incense, and pick up a pack of No. 8. You'll get a pretty damn good idea just from that. ;)

Top Bottom