What's new

Czech and Speake samples have arrived

Greetings everyone! I received samples from Czech and Speake in the mail this morning. The manner in which they are sent is wonderful. From the careful wrapping to a card hand written with the words "With Compliments", I'm very pleased. On to the fragrances......

No.88 is probably the most amazing fragrance I have tried yet. The deep, rose scent just pops off my skin. The women at work all went nuts when they smelled me today. My office manager got a whiff of me a few years ago (I think it was Pinaud Bay Rum too) and just has to smell me every day I walk in the door. She has all the other women in the office smelling me too. I apply smartly and gently; I don't want to be "That Guy". Anyway, I wear something different every day.

I'm wearing Cuba at the moment and it is a great fragrance as well. It has a cedar like smell with a hint of mint that I'm really liking. It comes across like my Dunhill 34 but a little fainter, with a kiss of mint and tobacco. I'll be giving Oxford and Cambridge a run tomorrow.

At 30 years old I'm really digging all of these fragrances. I know this doesn't really apply to my thread title but I want to give you the list of my fragrances to see what I'm working with.

C&S samples, Floris Elite, Santal, and Cefiro samples, SCS New Spice and Bay rum, Ogallala Bay Rum, Pinaud Bay Rum, Speick EDC, Burberry London, Royall Lyme, Guerlain Vetiver, GFT Spanish Leather, Fahrenheit, Dunhill 34, Brooks Bros. 1818, Rive Gauche, and Aqua Velva Musk after shave. It's a disease for sure and I'll stop when I get a bottle of No.88; maybe some Cuba too; then again M7 looks promising, or.........never mind. First the DE razors, then the fragrances, Vitalis, Jeris, Brylcreem...

I wish everyone a pleasant day! :smile:

Last edited:
I'm glad you're enjoying the C&S samples. I got a set from them earlier this spring and they really do make it look like a gift. I finally bought a bottle of 88 myself (yay B/S/T) after using the sample and then a decant. I'm not crazy about all of their fragrances, but their rose scents are amazing.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
How long did you wait for them?? I had asked for samples in the end of March/early April and I am still waiting.....:mad:

I, too am awaiting samples. Its been over a month. After hearing about the rest of you, I'm wondering if they send them in batches.

S

Sam

I asked in April or so, maybe March and have heard nothing further. Anyone contact them again? Or do you just sit tight?

I got my samples in March. It took me just short of three weeks from the time that I requested them until I received them in the US. Make sure that you register on the C&S website. I had to do that in order to get the samples.

Thanks Hog! I just registered and requested samples...3 pounds 25 for shipping, and on the order confirmation email it states the items ship within 1-3 business days. I'm in California, so it should take a while to arrive, but should be worth the wait. I've been dying to try 88!

I had requested samples back in March and didn't see anything for two months so I e-mailed them again. The Gentleman who responded was surprised that I had not received any samples and said that they would be re-sent to me. According to the UK post mark the package shipped on 10 June and I received it here in California on 15 June. I'd say if it's been a month, drop them a line again.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
After I signed up for samples in the end of March - and have still not received anything - I did contact them again and this time I got an answer back with some 12 hours. They had sent the samples out in April, but somehow they never made it to me. I was told they will again sent a set out to me - hope I get them this time.

After I signed up for samples in the end of March - and have still not received anything - I did contact them again and this time I got an answer back with some 12 hours. They had sent the samples out in April, but somehow they never made it to me. I was told they will again sent a set out to me - hope I get them this time.

+1 I was contacted quickly by email after I wrote about not receiving samples. I was told they sent them out in May - but they never got to me...

G

gone down south

+2. They must have had some issues in April/May, but it sounds like new samples are going out this week, so 2 thumbs up for great customer service.

I like the idea of a rogue Post Office worker ripping off sample packages and hoarding them at home. Somebody should put in a call to the Post Office's Inspector General. Have them look for a guy who smells like roses.

Just got mine today...took less than five days from England to California, so that small charge for shipping is worth it! Only problem...several of the vials had opened during shipping, and I recieved the most fragrant and headily complex package at work. It wa a mixture of 88/Rose/Neroli/Cuba, which actually smelled fanfriggingtastic! I handled the package, which was dry, but now I cannot get the smell off of me (and I work in a place that discourages colognes...we roast coffee...). The ladies are loving it, but I can't escape the scent!

Just got mine today...took less than five days from England to California, so that small charge for shipping is worth it! Only problem...several of the vials had opened during shipping, and I recieved the most fragrant and headily complex package at work. It wa a mixture of 88/Rose/Neroli/Cuba, which actually smelled fanfriggingtastic! I handled the package, which was dry, but now I cannot get the smell off of me (and I work in a place that discourages colognes...we roast coffee...). The ladies are loving it, but I can't escape the scent!

Coffee roasters, eh?? :w00t: I officially request samples. :rolleyes:

Kev

PM me your address, and I can send you a pound. First come first serve though...so the offer only applies to Leatherneck, lol. Here, pick one: http://www.peets.com/shop/coffee.asp

This is very kind of you. It was meant as a light hearted jest, but since your offering, I'd be foolish to pass it up. I'll pm in the next day or so. I'll have to ask the gf which one we haven't tried yet.

Now back on thread track. I've heard a lot of great things about C&S and had no idea they had a sample set. I'm in the process of signing up for one now.

Thanks,

Kev

Top Bottom