What's new

CZ to Acquire Colt

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Why not? They already have Dan Wesson so they know nice 1911's when they see them...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sadly, I think the writing was on the wall for Colt. Weren't they like a step behind the big boys for years on new product development? Seems like I read that for quite awhile in American Rifleman, or at least allusions to it. Maybe CZ can resurrect them.

A real shame, not to mention our military rarely uses American made pistols in today's world . One thing is for sure, if you look at the fit and finish on second generation COLT Single Action Army pistols you'll realize no one is going to duplicate the legendary COLT Royal Blueing ......

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I honestly find it odd. I mean they have a nice 1911 line (Dan Wesson) so the only logical reason is so they can sell ARs. Gotta be a to get Gov't contracts. I need to re-read but did they get Colt Canada in the bargain? I mean Colt stopped selling ARs to the public a while ago and that seems like an odd reason to buy with the current climate except for the for the M4 contract to Uncle Sugar but Colt Canada? Their monolithic upper AR-15s and AR-10s are quite popular the world over as battle rifles and SASS's.

EDIT: Geez , it was in the first line... Yep, Colt Canada is in the deal. Makes more sense now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom