What's new

Cyril R. Salters Creams. Help to choose

I am considering to purchase one of them. Could you explain the scents and performance?
Fresh mint sounds better. I also like citrus and lime scents ,too. I will not buy all the trio :) I have too many soaps and creams.
Which one would you get and why?
Thank you gentlemen.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I'd recommend Rose. I guess all Salter creams share the same very good base. The scent of the rose cream is the best rose scent I know.

IMO, the performance is pretty good - I found it to be on par with TOBS at the very least. I only have Sublime Citrus and I get a scent which is predominately lemon that is rounded-out with grapefruit. I recall the first time I had tried it, I was reminded of lemon cheesecake, which I do like. It's a simple scent, but pleasant and refreshing (we're likely to have different noses, therefore - YMMV).

To my nose, the "Fresh Mint" does not smell like fresh mint. I get a distinct chocolate undertone. It smells like an Andes chocolate mint tastes.

I rank Salter above Tobs. It gives me be better slickness, especially residual slickness.

My only experience is with their sandalwood cream.

Not bad product but the scent seemed off a little

proxy.php

Anything but Sublime Citrus. To me it smelled of old vomit.

You must be thinking of French Vetiver. :tongue_sm

Personally, I would start with samples, and then pick a full tub of whichever scent was best.

I've never used Salter's creams, but I got the chance to smell them all at a shaving shop, and I remember that Wild Rose stood out as a quality rose fragrance. The others were not particularly memorable.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
My only experience is with their sandalwood cream.

Not bad product but the scent seemed off a little

proxy.php

I agree. I had a sample of their Sandalwood a year or so ago and thought that it didn't smell very much like sandalwood.

Anybody know the ingredients of this? No one seems to list them. Not even the manufacturer.

West Coast Shaving lists the ingredients, for the fresh mint, at least.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic acid, Potassium hydroxide, Coconut acid , Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, PPG-15 stearyl ether, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, Sodium hydroxide, Peppermint oil, Tocopheryl acetate, Ehylhexylglycerin, Benzyl alcohol, Limonene, Magnesium chloride, Magnesium nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cl 42090 (F D & C blue 1)

West Coast Shaving lists the ingredients, for the fresh mint, at least.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic acid, Potassium hydroxide, Coconut acid , Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, PPG-15 stearyl ether, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, Sodium hydroxide, Peppermint oil, Tocopheryl acetate, Ehylhexylglycerin, Benzyl alcohol, Limonene, Magnesium chloride, Magnesium nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cl 42090 (F D & C blue 1)
Thanks.

I like them all. Indian Sandalwood is my favorite. Not too overpowering, fresh even, but still mellow enough and lingers on for some time.

The only sandalwood I prefer over the CF Sandalwood.

Top Bottom