What's new

Cyril R. Salter Shaving Cream(s)

I'm not too picky. I once finished a jenerous samlpe of Lilac Vegetal. But I threw away almost a full jar of CRS Citrus. YMMW.

You should have PIF it on the forum, many guys have commented they like the CRS Sublime Citrus ... and your serious when you say it smelled like vomit ????

Cyril Salter's is probably my overall favorite cream/soap to shave with. I recently went back to it after having used other products for a long time and I was just impressed with how great it is all over again. I like it better than more "popular" and expensive products.

I like the French vetiver fragrance.

I had given up on sandalwood until I tried CR Salter's Indian Sandalwood. Love that scent & a great shave, will re- order that one when I run out.

Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood is the best cream I've ever used. The scent is splendid and the performance is a dream. Highly recommended.

Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood is the best cream I've ever used. The scent is splendid and the performance is a dream. Highly recommended.
I agree. Tried it before TOBS Sandalwood and it's fair to say TOBS Sandalwood didn't impress me much by comparison. I've often thought of Salter's Sandalwood as a bit of an unsung hero and it was one of the first creams I bought multiple tubs of. The tubs I have all list sandalwood essential oil as an ingredient too.
Have you tried Trumper's Russian Leather? If not I'm going to recommend that as I think you'll like it.

I agree. Tried it before TOBS Sandalwood and it's fair to say TOBS Sandalwood didn't impress me much by comparison. I've often thought of Salter's Sandalwood as a bit of an unsung hero and it was one of the first creams I bought multiple tubs of. The tubs I have all list sandalwood essential oil as an ingredient too.
Have you tried Trumper's Russian Leather? If not I'm going to recommend that as I think you'll like it.

Dan, your post brings me back. I haven't done the Sandalwood thing in awhile, but CRS sandalwood is among the best.

I had a tub of Rose years ago. And it did perform well, but CS seem to have a poor distribution network as they were hard to find until recently when Amazon marketplace started carrying them. And their online shop is for retailers only.
CS are quality indeed but seem to be dwarfed by the other English classics due to poor marketing.

Last edited:
Stuff on Amazon is fresh. Of them all I think the Sandalwood is my favorite besides the Rose; the Sandalwood has the best smell of any sandalwood creams I’ve used, and I’ve used all the big names. The line is also good, but Castle Forbes wins on that one... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only one I've tried so far is the Fresh Mint. I liked the cream. But be warned, the scent is pretty reminiscent of mint and chip ice cream.

Top Bottom