What's new

Cyril R. Salter Shaving Cream(s)

Love the rose. Getting a bit low and thinking of trying one of their other scents. What is your favorite CRS scent?

Salter's is excellent soap and great value.
I've only have the rose, which is super.
For $15 a tub, it's hard to go wrong with any of their scents.

I've used the Wild Rose, Indian Sandalwood and Essential Lime and love them all. The Wild Rose and Indian Sandalwood are heavily - but not overbearing - scented. The Essential Lime is more scented on the light side - but still very pleasant.

I know that West Coast, QED and recently Connaught carry Cyril R. Salter creams, but they all seem to out of Wild Rose - perhaps it is the most popular? Are there other sources that folks are buying their Cyril R. Salter creams from?

I really like Sublime Citrus. I'm fortunate enough to live about 30 mins away from West Coast Shaving, who stocks all scents. I bought my tub for about $11. They have sale/scratch-and-dent items in store that are not listed on the website. The ingredients list on my tub had rubbed off, therefore, it was on sale even though the tub/cream itself was in perfect condition.

Good score!

Shipping can be a killer on those one off purchases...

I really like Sublime Citrus. I'm fortunate enough to live about 30 mins away from West Coast Shaving, who stocks all scents. I bought my tub for about $11. They have sale/scratch-and-dent items in store that are not listed on the website. The ingredients list on my tub had rubbed off, therefore, it was on sale even though the tub/cream itself was in perfect condition.

first off I must say that the Cyril R Salter creams are IMO the best performing cream for the money. My favorite scent is their SUBLIME CITRUS .. Its amazing the bowl of lather I can whip up with just one small dallop of the cream, their tubs are large at 5.8oz (165g) where as a lot of tubs are only 5.3oz (150g) a tub of Cyril Salter will last a good long time !

Off topic but Cyril Salter also offers a nice pure badger brush that I found. It was $15.99, a little small, but good quailty. It's out of stock now but I bought it at www.shavetools.com BTW he stocks CS creams but he's out of stock on Wild Rose.

Last edited:
my Indian Sandalwood came in.. right off the bat this is a huge jar, its not fancy or nothing, but its hefty. The cream inside has a very nice texture, and the scent is hypnotizing. I smell Sandalwood and some spicy citrus, it actually reminds me alot of RazoRock XXX with an obvious woodsy tone to it. I will shave with it soon and report back

Does Salter have lanolin? They don't list their ingredients on their website.

Tried to look at ingredients on mine but its a sticker on bottom of plastic tub and must have got wet an its unreadable. I know I have sensitive skin and the Sublime Citrus does not irritate my skin at all

Tried to look at ingredients on mine but its a sticker on bottom of plastic tub and must have got wet an its unreadable. I know I have sensitive skin and the Sublime Citrus does not irritate my skin at all

Thank you. I'm allergic to lanolin so I have to check. I suppose I could telephone them.

I tried just 2 of CRS creams. Wild Rose was very nice with a comlex but not overwhelming scent. Hated the Citrus. It reminded me of an acidic smell of old vomit.

Top Bottom