What's new

Cycling 2018

22 miles ... not sure if my cold is returning or if it's low grade flu from my wife ... decided to ride anyway

Legs were ready to go after two days off. 30 road bike miles. 84°/51%/east north east eight. Beautiful evening to ride!

FC186054-D2BB-46CC-9513-485620417C02.jpeg
56.6 road bike miles. 67-76/97-80%/E8-ESE11. Not a favorable wind change for the last half of the ride. Lots of pedestrians out today, some with feathers, even though I started at 6:50 am.

Last edited:
Last weekend I road outdoors (have not done this in a long time). I road the 51 mile section of the Tour de Palm Springs. I finished it in just under 3' 45". It was a perfect day and a perfect ride! At the end of the ride I felt like I could go on for at least another 20 miles. I was smiling and whistling the entire ride.
It is amazing what riding indoors with Zwift has done for me.

Ride On!

Last weekend I road outdoors (have not done this in a long time). I road the 51 mile section of the Tour de Palm Springs. I finished it in just under 3' 45". It was a perfect day and a perfect ride! At the end of the ride I felt like I could go on for at least another 20 miles. I was smiling and whistling the entire ride.

Ride On!

Nice! I searched to see exactly where this segment is and found the horrible news from the event. Crazy. In last year's Pan Florida Challenge an impaired young woman took out the lead rider of the group in front of us, ending his ride about 30 miles and a couple hours in. She had her two kids in the car at 10 am. Senseless.

Yah... It is a tragedy. I am trying to keep this from my wife, she worries enough about me riding. If she found out about this (she was at the finish line waiting for me) she would never let my bike off the trainer.

Ride On!

Plus one on that ... it'll be interesting when I finally get a chance to get back outdoors.

But I also hear you on the concerns from your wife ... it's difficult. I'm grateful I live in a rural area, but that presents its own type of potential issues.

26.3 road miles this evening. 77/66%/W6. Little bit of a bike handling needed through some sand tonight, but just a nice ride otherwise!

71.2 road bike miles. Getting ready for Pan Florida Challenge and back to back centuries. Started 62 and rose to 82 in the 4 hours on the saddle. Took no breaks as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to get things moving again. This is my third longest ride, after the two rides during last year’s event.

I did 20 zwift miles yesterday ... finished off the California challenge and should hit level 14 today I think.

20 Zwift miles today ... Road to Ruins :)

Supposed to get into the 50s around here next week .... I'd probably ride outdoors if I didn't have to remove my training tire and put the old outdoor tire back on.

Might actually drop my bike off next week for an overhaul before outdoor season.

17.3 road miles Thursday evening (lights needed!) and 26.3 before dark tonight. Been nice out. Mulling tomorrow's ride. I need another long one or two before Pan Florida.

Top Bottom