What's new

Cycling 2018

Did 14 Zwift miles late yesterday afternoon ... a new PR going up the Volcano. 10 second improvement. I'm still not a fast climber, but it's nice to see improvement.

I led 30 road miles with the group today. Did hill repeats on an 17% gradient hill. Everyone was burnt out by the end. All in all a success, albeit dirty!
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

29.5 road miles late afternoon. 70/63%/ENE5. Rode over the bridge to drop off paperwork in Ft. Myers and headed S with a little tailwind down to Bonita. Planning 50 early tomorrow.

Last edited:
45.5 road miles today. Vanderbilt Beach Rd and US 41 in Naples to the top of a parking garage at FGCU. Out into the wind. We were resting and eating and drinking on the top floor when I noticed my rear tire going down. A wire from a radial tire was embedded in my tire. Pulled out a new tube. Had a hole. Borrowed one from my riding mate. Kept unscrewing the core of the Presta valve and were ready to call for SAG, but finally got the tire inflated. So happy to get the final half home into the wind.

Tell me, when you jump on the back of a pair of riders, should you say anything? We pulled about 8 miles for a guy into the wind before dropping him on a highway overpass. When he saw us pass the 7/11 he was resting at, he jumped on his bike and caught us at the next light. Take a turn up front!!!! Lol!!! Fun ride!

I always say hi if I can ... but it's rare I run into anyone out this way when I ride ...

That said, I did have one experience last year ... he wasn't going hard, but there was a hill coming, so I sat in and expected him to drop me on the climb but he didn't. So at the intersection he pulled over ... I'm sure I made him uncomfortable but it wasn't my intent.

19 miles on Zwift today leading the C/A ride

Had I been in back I would have greeted him first and asked about his ride. I'm sure he lost his legs heading south with the wind and appreciated the block heading north into it.

I had a solo rider overlap my rear wheel one day after sprinting through an intersection. I had nobody behind me for miles, but all of a sudden I heard his freewheel and looked back and down and there he was! A little unsettling. Reflexly, I said, "What's up?" and he said, "How's it going?" and then he was gone. Not sure what he was doing or where he was went, but I thought it might be a bit dangerous, especially for him.

Rest day today.

16 Zwift miles today ... I faced the reality today that rides in the 1.5 to 1.8 w/kg range aren't challenging me like they used to. I think I'm going to have to get out of my comfort zone and into the 2.0 to 2.2 rides in order to keep progressing.

And I also need to learn to push myself away from the table so I can start to drop some weight again. So hard to do in the winter.

26.4 road bike miles. WNW wind of 11 which feels like it is my face until I make the final turn toward home, just over 5 miles. I think I spent that time just trying to recover! 71/48%. Hopeful I can do the back to back centuries in March...

Wife just handed me a donut! I'm happy!

14 Zwift miles today ... 206 for the month, was hoping for 300. Getting a cold and other family commitments hurt my ride time this month. Going to try to get 250 though ... 22 miles each the next two days will put me there.

19 Zwift miles today ... did the CyclingHub Sub 2.0 ride, which really averages out to around 2.0 I would guess. It's definitely a workout

19.5 post-work road miles. Big moon on the rise as I finished. 66/23%/N13. Bagged a few wind aided PRs, but really wanted one KOM in particular. The guy who has it did it with a huge N wind. Gonna keep trying!

12 Zwift miles today ... easy day, needed 12 miles to hit Level 13 and get the Zwift Aero bike ...

Aiming for 300 miles again in February.

I made 237 out of 300 this month, but was sick

10.7 MTB miles clipped in. Definitely still gaining, but today's PR due to being clipped in for third ride and very fast single track out there now. 71-79/65%/SE15.

Top Bottom