What's new

Cycling 2018

Finished just before the first line of rain before the passing front this evening. 74/91%/SSW10. Thick air for January.

28545090-A551-4917-A71A-B0666DC267A9.jpeg
Weather changed! 52/76%/NNE7 at the start. 52 road bike miles. Muscles are twitchy now!

Back on the mountain bike. Going to Moab! Just 6.5 miles in 35 mins after the sunset, bombing the highway berm! 71/65%/N4

Too cold and icy to be riding my Waterford RS33 with Campy Record... so here in Denver, been going to hour long spin classes that are kicking my kiester in a very good way.

20180804_102847.jpg

Posting something different for a change. MTB! 10+ miles at the park. Parking lot was full, but not too many passes to be made. Beautiful day in SW FL! 78/69%/W10. Also had waves in the Gulf. Might have done that instead. Bike events coming up: Pan-Florida Challenge late March on the road bike and a trip to Moab in April. Need to get the miles up!

Just under 22 miles on Saturday on the old Motobecane. 96 years between the bike and rider. Not too cold and calm winds. It had been 3 months since I had taken this particular bike out. Such a smooth ride on this old French touring bike.

Feb2.1.jpg
Feb2.2.jpg

Half century+ yesterday. Fastest my son-in-law and I have completed one yet, primarily due to cooler temps and favorable winds, light as we headed N at dawn, but NE at 15 as we headed south and west to home. Nice Floriday! 65-73 degrees/light N-NE15/100-75% humidity

Gearing up for a couple big rides this spring. Weekend century on the road with 60 Saturday and 40 today. It's getting warm with the strong S wind in FL!

Downsized the Roubaix tires to 24mm tonight. Had my fastest 10 mile ride ever. I'm an old man, so a 21 mph average makes me happy. I looked back at all of my 10 mile rides, all for speed training for sprint triathlons, since I got my first road bike in Spring of 2015. I was averaging 15.5 mph when I first started tri training then. Kinda surprised to see that kind of improvement. I was happy to see that handling and ride comfort were not compromised. Wish I had swapped the 28mm tires when I first got the Roubaix in October 2017.

Metric century yesterday and another 26 today. Looking forward to a double century weekend fundraiser early this spring, then a week of Moab mid-spring.

Another Pan Florida Challenge completed. 106 yesterday and today. North Naples to Lake Placid and back. Need a better pair of cycling shorts, otherwise I feel great!

I rode yesterday. I got off my 45 year old road bike for a change, and took the 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 out for what I planned to be an easy 10 mile spin. The weather was so nice, and knowing that I would have a tailwind on my return leg, I stretched it to 24 miles up and around Lewisville Lake. Every time I get on this bike, I wish I rode it more than I did.

And, because my wife and I both went to Texas Tech, our son attends there now, and Texas Tech advanced to the Final Four, I had to post the final picture... WreckEm Texas Tech!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just a very quick 10.5 mile ride on the hybrid yesterday evening to work out some stiffness and get the heart rate up.

Been continuing road rides and some short MTB rides. Getting ready for a week in Moab. Has anybody been to the Mecca of mountain biking?!

IMG_20190413_192029406.jpg IMG_20190413_124909450.jpgGot charged by an unwatched dog two weeks ago while almost at the end of a 20 mile run. Was on a nice downhill run and ended up with two fractured wrists. Be careful out there.

Up early this morning for a breakfast, coffee, and bloody mary ride with a friend. 16 miles total. Breakfast etc at the 9 mile point. Hybrid bikes are made for this type of ride. 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom