What's new

Cycling 2018

Glad you're coming out of it!

Got the new MTB pedals and SPD cleats installed and went for two laps around the local off road bike park. 21.5 miles in a little over 2 hours. Should have done a third. The Whiskey will be 50 miles. I kept a 10 mph pace which is what I hope for in AZ in April.

A bit chilly to start at 49, but warmed up to 60, 52%, NE11.

Clipping out was no problem. Climbing was so much easier. Should have switched to clipless a long time ago. Only had one instance at the top of a climb when I just clipped out in time to prevent a fall.

This is my second post here.

As it’s only 10 degrees in Chicago right now, I’d like to share a picture of my race bike from this past summer before I get on the trainer today.
proxy.php

2015 Felt AR: Full Dura Ace Mechanical 52/36 11/28, EE Brakes Direct mount rear, 3T Integra Stem, 3T Aeronova bars, Fizik Ares saddle.

I have a couple others, but this one is my baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15 miles today ... Up Leith Hill on Zwift for the first time today.

In the middle of the climb, there's a section where the gradient hits 10% and it feels like it never changes, or gets worse, and you want to die ... but if you keep pedaling, you're rewarded with a 12% kicker in the last 200 meters ... it's a real pants load of fun ... :blink:
Yep did this ride last night myself...

and I told myself this would be a rest day, after 2.1k' of climbing the day before.

On my second rest day since doing an ftp test on Saturday. 260 watts coming in at just over 4w/kg. Still feeling it today. Tomorrow will just be a steady tempo to loosen up for Thursday’s power intervals with the group.

We’re getting 45 degrees on Saturday, so I’ll be riding outside with the crew on my steel bike. No power meter or computer, really looking forward to it!

On my second rest day since doing an ftp test on Saturday. 260 watts coming in at just over 4w/kg. Still feeling it today. Tomorrow will just be a steady tempo to loosen up for Thursday’s power intervals with the group.

We’re getting 45 degrees on Saturday, so I’ll be riding outside with the crew on my steel bike. No power meter or computer, really looking forward to it!

Nice workout...
I was always told... "if you feel it the day after, it was a good workout."

19 miles on Zwift today ... Sub 2 ride, by CyclingHub. Led by Tim Fulford

Ride on good sir!

Intervals today. 220w for 3min, 150w for 1.5min repeat 4 times, 320w for 2 min followed by 3min cool down.

Now where’s my burrito?....

Got a new pair of road shoes this week. I have problem feet. I wear a size 10 EEEEe (4.5E). Up until now I have either had to buy 1 to 2 sizes too large in Shimano's wide shoes and they were still tight.
I had been writing several shoe makers, SIDI, LAKE, BONT and 2 of the 3 only could recommend going with a 'custom' fit shoe. At this point, I am not willing to spend $1,000.00 for a pair of custom road bile shoes.
LAKE suggested I try their CX 241 shoe. They have an added 15 mm of width to them (still less than what I needed) but it seemed that it may work.
I received them yesterday and I was extremely excited. The shoes have a double BOA closure system, which makes getting them on a breeze as well as lots of space for my very high arch. These were the 1st cycling shoes that slipped on effortlessly. There was lots of space in the toe box and the heel was snug. I was able to tuck the tongue in and then tighten the BOA lines to comfort. BTW... I didn't mention that I was able to buy my size (44) and not have to go up 1 size to a 45.
This morning I put my Shimano cleats on them and took the shoes out for a quick spin on my trainer and I was all smiles! I would highly recommend these shoes for anyone who has a wide foot and is looking for a top quality road shoe. BTW... the heel cup is heat moldable for a custom fit.

proxy.php

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Came home just after sunset and suited up. Long sleeves because it is cooling off. Put the lights on. Headed out and turned N into the 16 mph NW wind and my first thought was, "It'll warm up." Then another gust blew right through everything I had on and I turned it around! 58/51%/NW 16 and it feels like it is coming straight from Hudson Bay. It will be freezing by tomorrow morning. Looking for something to warm my insides, food and beverage wise!

Got a new pair of road shoes this week. I have problem feet. I wear a size 10 EEEEe (4.5E). Up until now I have either had to buy 1 to 2 sizes too large in Shimano's wide shoes and they were still tight.
I had been writing several shoe makers, SIDI, LAKE, BONT and 2 of the 3 only could recommend going with a 'custom' fit shoe. At this point, I am not willing to spend $1,000.00 for a pair of custom road bile shoes.
LAKE suggested I try their CX 241 shoe. They have an added 15 mm of width to them (still less than what I needed) but it seemed that it may work.
I received them yesterday and I was extremely excited. The shoes have a double BOA closure system, which makes getting them on a breeze as well as lots of space for my very high arch. These were the 1st cycling shoes that slipped on effortlessly. There was lots of space in the toe box and the heel was snug. I was able to tuck the tongue in and then tighten the BOA lines to comfort. BTW... I didn't mention that I was able to buy my size (44) and not have to go up 1 size to a 45.
This morning I put my Shimano cleats on them and took the shoes out for a quick spin on my trainer and I was all smiles! I would highly recommend these shoes for anyone who has a wide foot and is looking for a top quality road shoe. BTW... the heel cup is heat moldable for a custom fit.

proxy.php

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

There’s nothing better than getting a shoe that fits perfectly! Glad it worked out for you!

Congrats on the shoes!

the other day, on my Facebook feed, the "On This Day" feature reminded me of when I went to the Chicago Bike Swap ... which is where I made my leap to clipless, and carbon-soled shoes.

It was 8 years ago ... needless to say I've been happy with the shoes (Shimanos) ... just hard to believe it's been that long

20 road miles on a 4 mile circuit near the house. 49/41%/NNE7. Dropped a couple degrees during the road. A handlebar light and headlamp does not stop people from pulling out in front of bikes, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom